QUICK STAND

It doesn't look to bad, but not for me. I don't think I would trust that to hold up if a gust of wind comes along.

I think it would be perfect for emergency situations only. I couldnt see the use in any other application.
rock.gif

It's just meant to get the rear tire off the ground so you can lube the chain more easily. I wish I'd seen this before I spent boku bux on a center stand.

--Wag--

very nice but would definately keep a close eye on the bike when on that stand to make sure it doesnt blow over onto you when working on the chain!!
beerchug.gif

Yes I've used one many many times on tours. The front brake is locked with a velcro strap so the bike is very secure when up on the stand. It tilts the bike slightly to the left (kickstand side) and lifts the tire high enough to spin it for lubing or adjusting the chain. Just make sure to loosen the axle nut before using the stand when adjusting the chain. Its a great little convenience for touring!
clap.gif

I just get a second guy for chain lube... I hold the bike up on the side stand and he spins the tire/ lubes chain..

Yeah I had my bike fall over with me holding it up on the sidestand with my wife cleaning and lubing. The sidestand folded up while in the air. I won't do that again. I would much rather roll and clean/lube.

cleaning is another deal altogether for me.. do it at home on the stands.. Never dropped a bike doing the sidestand thing..

if the front brake is locked, you should not have any roll going on ...

I would buy the center stand and take it off when not traveling. I know its a little pricey but IMHO much safer and more practical for doing different tasks.

Ive seen this devise used . It works well for what it was intended. Lubing chain on a trip or getting wheel off if your in a pinch and dont have any  other way .
I didnt realize it was so light ,might have to get one before next trip.

Ive seen this devise used . It works well for what it was intended. Lubing chain on a trip or getting wheel off if your in a pinch and dont have any  other way .
They don't weigh anything and pack smaller than the toolkit. Takes about a minute to lube a chain at the motel each night after the ride. Level ground, front brake set, slip under the right side spool and shove/lift the bike a couple inches and lube. Kick it out when done, unlock the brake and pack it away for the next night. Perfect!
thumb_up.gif

That's just what I'm thinking. I've got front & rear stands for working at home. But, on the road, it's a pain to "roll & lube". This looked like it would be great for chain work. Just have it under the bike for a couple of mintues while you lubed!

I would buy the center stand and take it off when not traveling. I know its a little pricey but IMHO much safer and more practical for doing different tasks.
center stands only work for those with stock exhaust though... nifty little contraption. Thanks for the link!

Not for me.
My bike is already leaned when on the sidestand. Why would I want to lean it further?

...and with the bike leaned over, how are you supposed to clean and lube the chain? Are you going to lay on your back? Let's say you do lay on your back without issue. What are you going to do when the bike that is over extended into a lean crashes down on top of you.

Back