Preparing for a 2800 mile round trip end of May

O Holy P

Registered
Hey guys, this will possibly be the longest trip I've made on 2 wheels. I'm heading from Daytona Beach to Kansas City, MO to meet up with a bunch of my old friends who are putting on a race there ( 2009 LTX SHOOTOUT ) on May 30th. I'm getting ideas and some gear together to make it an uneventful trip. I plan on stopping in Atlanta and Memphis, where I have friends as well that I went to school with. So basically anyone who has been on or regularly goes on these types of trips, chime in and let me know what your experiences were like and what I should do to be as prepared as possible.

Things I will be purchasing...

• Rapid Transit Stack LT Tank Bag
  • Waterproof over-pants and booties
  • Additional waterproof gloves (Have summer gloves)
  • a Quick Stand for chain maint./lubing
  • Bluetooth helmet system from SCALA
  • HID Low Beam

Thanks. :beerchug:

or just weather proof housings for hte gps :cool:

You probably want to get a good tool kit with some type of tire plug solution as well :thumbsup:

maybe a small compressor and a plug kit. I got a slime pump from AutoZone to carry. I also have a CO2 repair kits.

DO you have a camelbak?

I know you'll make sure the oil and rear tire is good to go. 3K miles is a nice trip. Enjoy and be safe and you know we'll want to see pix of your adventure. :thumbsup:

That trip sounds like a blast, especially on that color combo :beerchug:. My wife and I made a similar trip (Washington DC to St Louis) and a tank bag, a backpack and some rain gear were all we needed. Have fun!

Any touring mods planned for the bike? I would for sure look at getting heli-bars and a throttlemeister. A cortech tail bag comes in handy too.

Last edited:
sounds like a great trip...make sure you do some shorter trips before then to keep yourself in shape for the ride :beerchug:

you should make out an itinerary and see if members can hook up and ride with you along stretches of the road.. You should have a blast all the same...

We have a large org membership here in Kansas City. Hope we can get together with you while you are here.

This will be pretty much jumping right into it. Been on the road since October & requesting to be relieved a little early to make the trip. I'll be feelin' it I'm sure. I think I'm going to stretch it 3 days to get there stopping overnight in Atlanta & Memphis, I've got buddies in both places. Would love to meet up with whomever along the way. Will have more details later...and hello from Beale St. :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Back