Quick release pins for tank

greg3852

Registered
I can’t remember who it was that posted a pic of them, but I bought some too. What did you did to yours to get them to fit correctly? Pics? Thanks.

I can’t remember who it was that posted a pic of them, but I bought some too. What did you did to yours to get them to fit correctly? Pics? Thanks.
I remember that post and actually saved some screenshots of it. I think the member said he had to widen the holes on the tank a bit.

I remember that now. I need to see some pics on it. I have mine on there, but I’d love to see another’s outlook on it.

I had to drill the holes bigger. They holes can get a little thin.

123A19EE-F12E-4EB6-8695-648201A523A1.jpeg

Thank you. Did you file one side flat where it goes against the tank? It fits but is tight. I was thinking I'd just grind one side flat to fit better.

I made my own with some bolts. I just got a long bolt that had a long smooth part on it. Then I cut the head off and rounded the top and drilled a hole in the smooth part for a locking pin to go in.

The tank isn’t really a tank. It’s a tank shell that I bought from rc performance last year. I bought a fuel cell from hardcore racing that allows me to run stock sending unit. So now I can swap fuel cell to stock tank super easy
Damn that is pretty nifty, love your color choice too!!

I found these ones, though, after install and using them for a couple of weekends, they don't seem to latch anymore. I need to look into it and see if I can rectify it. That said, they are smaller than the ones posted, but I am not sure I could recommend them considering they may be broken.

22mm quick release

Back