Seat quick release pins

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
Any of you guys out there have a set of these? I think they are a great idea but I'm not willing to pay the $50+ retailers are asking for them. I did a quick search on fleabay and you can get just about any size you would need to make it work. Anyone tried that yet? I would try myself but, unfortunately I'm away from my busa for another 6 months at least (short tour in Korea).

I dont know about quick release pins

Im sure theives would love them

As opposed to a 5mm T-handle? I can spin off both seat bolts with a T-handle wrench almost as fast as you can remove the QR pins. Carry a drill and it's even faster. LOL

Bottom line, if the thief wants your seat...he'll get it.

As opposed to a 5mm T-handle? I can spin off both seat bolts with a T-handle wrench almost as fast as you can remove the QR pins. Carry a drill and it's even faster. LOL

Bottom line, if the thief wants your seat...he'll get it.

Understood, However how often do you carry a T-Handle in your pocket.

Not sure I really want to know this

Understood, However how often do you carry a T-Handle in your pocket.

Not sure I really want to know this

That's a different discussion :laugh:

But seriously - trying to put myself in a thief's mindset...if I want to swipe a Busa seat, I'm going to come prepared to do the job quickly; and that means - in most cases - a 5mm hex key is needed. A T-handle is quick and easy to carry. A small drill is even faster.

Anyway - :hijack:

I don't think I have any extra pins lying around... I'll look...

I do... send me a PM with an addy and they are in the mail... it might cost you a unit coin or something though :)

Hmmm.. Maybe I'm too trusting. I never thought about someone stealing the seat. You guys have me second guessing this now. On the other hand though, how often is someone out to steal a Busa seat. Also, they would have to be right up on it to notice. I think my ultra sensative (way to dam sensative) alarm would scare em off anyway.

If it's an aftermarket seat, folks want em. If it's stock, people still do. The stock pan is used to make a couple of aftermarket seats. If it's an easy grab for someone that steals bikes, consider it gone, it has some value.

Do any of our sponsors sell the quick release seat pins? I've never seen them, but would sure like a set, since I disconnect the battery after every ride.

those pins are real nice, but damn $60 for two "smart bolts"

I know how you feel. I buy them 100 at a whack and that cost a bundle. Then there is the dealer markup, then the distributer markup, then shipping and handling and don't forget liability insurance and of course I want to make a couple dollars. yep, MSRP $59.95 and I make $4.00 after all said and done. How's that for profit. I sell the damn things for your convenience only. It is actually a pain to sit on Thousands of dollars of inventory just to make $4.00 when I finally sell them to my Distributer who gives you a better deal than I can give so no one buys them from me. Anyone who wants to sell them for less, can buy 100 at a time and sit on the inventory tying up your cash for up to 6 months until they finally sell. Have fun and make some money.:rofl: Oh, and don't forget the $2.00 for the 1/4" drill bit.

Guy

Last edited:
With quick release seat pins it only takes a theft about 5 seconds too take your seat and your ECU.
The seat blots are like locks,they help too keep an honest person honest
My insurance deductible is $250.00 that won't replace my seat or ecu

Back