Custom Quick Release Pins??

I've been looking for a while for these, and have yet to find them anywhere (especially for a decent price, 60+$ for a piece of 3'' metal just isn't going to do.)

I saw them on one of the busa's at haya's in the hills last year- description:

front seat quick release pins, all black, with the endcap (part that faces outward) having a kanji / "hayabusa" on it.

They looked sweeeeet, and I'd love a set for my bike as long as they aren't >$50 or so.. I can't justify spending exorbitant amounts of money for something so trivial.

If anyone has any insight, or any dealers want to start a group buy, I'd :bowdown: you!

P.S. : I attempted to scour Pashnit's site, couldn't find them though...

Colton

So who'd be in for a decent price group buy if we can get one? :beerchug:

Not my cup of tea......last thing I want is to make it EASY for thieves to snag my seat.

I have been looking for them myself. They are aircraft pins or something or other. You can get them for like 15 bucks a piece on amazon i have seen which is better than 60 bucks... Still expensive for about a few ounces of metal like you say but they are nice...

You need a pin with an outer diameter very close to the inned diameter of the hole in teh frame...drilling it to match a pin would be logical...check the length of the pin so that it passes through enough but not excessive. If you drill your commited to that setup.

there are the pins...and then there are quick release screws. I personally am getting those, because they arent as obvious and you can unscrew the seat in about 30 seconds by hand...and they are cheaper.

Back