Quick Release Pins for the seat

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I saw a post somewhere that talked about some sort of quick release pins that would replace the hex head screws that hold the seat in place. Anyone know where I can buy these?

I can get them from Tiger racing products let me know they have tank pins also.

I've thought about this mod, but am worried that it would make my Corbin too easy to steal. [/QUOTE]

Tru enuff ! I wouldnt do this mod to a bike thats not equipped with a Scorpio Alarm or any other alarm with a perimeter sensor.

Did mine own quick release pin and quick release gas tank pin mod two weeks ago. I'll post photos tomorrow after I pick up my camera from the post office. Total cost was $42 for the stainless steel quick release pins I bought from a local manufacture and a couple of dollars was spent to mod a pair or 8mm bolts I bought from home depot. Where ever you decide to get you quick release pins from you still will need to do some minor drilling to the seat brace bolt. In addition you will need to cut the head off of the 8mm bolt and cut a slit in its replacement so you can use a screw driver to install it, along with drilling a hole just below for sliding the retaining pin through for locking the tank down.

Once you have cutted and drilled the 8mm (quick release gas tank bolt) apply some blue locktite to the bolt when your ready to screw into position.

Just my .02 again

TY

P.S I choosed to go with stainless steel but you can go with using a plain steel push pin for $10 less and save some cheese.
buttonhandle.gif

http://www.jergensinc.com/infodir/catalog.asp?GroupNum=1352

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131346958 -->

Back