Quick answer needed; Stock rotors

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
I've been having some problems with the front brakes pulsing.
I noticed that on the left side, I could visually see the rotor move side to side with the wheel spinning, showing me that it's probably warped.
Luckily Acehole had another rotor since he went to aftermarket; but after looking at it, I almost believe that it is bad.

Is the stock rotors full floating?
I can push with my fingers on the extra rotor and watch them move back and forth at the rivets; but on the warped one off my bike it doesn't move any.

Thanks for the reply, just trying to get the bike put back together today and possibly buy aftermarket rotors when I can afford them.

I think the rotors are semi-floating.No expert here.:whistle:The replacement sounds like it is worn out,should not have visable movement.I would use your existing rotor and find some good used in the meantime?They can be found cheap enough. Good luck!:beerchug:

Thanks for the replies fellas.
Looks like the warped one will be going back on for time being because I can't afford to replace them.
:beerchug:

You're lucky, I bent mine so bad that it would take the brakes out completely. They are steep :thumbsup:

OK, here's the video I took.
Caliper pistons was pushed back in so the wheel is pretty much spinning on the axle with no resistance.
This is the clutch side; brake side had no movement in it; so I don't think it was not aligned.

With brakes back on and bleed;
With the orig rotor in it wouldn't spin the wheel a full revolution before stopping.
With the replacement in it spins countless turns before slowing to a stop.

Anyways here is the video.
Noise in background is a fan running directly behind me.

th_MVI_3678.jpg

Whoa..thats really bad! its going to push your pads away which is not good for fast stops!!

I have a stock gold set that are not warped..$75 shipped..lmk..

Last edited:
Back