Questions on Turbo

flippnswitchez

Registered
I am looking at geting the RCC Stage 1 with the 50mm BOV. I am an aircraft mech. so I am confident in installing the turbo myself. My questions are mainly about after the install. I know I have to get it tuned which is a couple hundred. But what am I looking at far as maintence wise on up keep of the turbo. What are some of the possible problems I may run in to once I have the kit installed that may really cost me? And the odds of it happening. I have 5 grand to play with and Im getting the kit with a military discount. I just want to be sure I am not jumping in this and going to run out of funds.

Gen I looking at sig, assume stage 1 kit. Motor is good for 300, you should get around 230, RCC are basically plug and play. Richard has it down, you can't go wrong and you can call him if you stumble. I understand he is an extreme support guy.

If you don't kill it every mile you ride or get caught up in bumper to bumper traffic you should be alright. If you don't already, you'll need to start watching gauges.

Richard makes a great kit and other than a little added heat issues you shouldn't have a problem, just a crazy azz Busa :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input, are the heat issues enogh to worry about? should i add a second fan?

Not an expert, have never owned a turbo. Someone with experience and knowledge should be along soon. Everything you do in life has + and -.

I would install it, get it tuned by a good tuner, and then ride it. If you have any issues you can talk to Richard and he should give you the best advice on correcting it. Stage 1 should not really be an issue for you.

Did I mention :whistle: under fairing air cleaner and dump pipes :thumbsup:

I went with engine ice and a muzzy fan and a new temp switch..i would also put a toggle switch for the fan so u can turn it on if needed..basically just for heavy traffic..my bike was starting to run hot until i added the fan and engine ice..all u need to install a toggle is to tap into the two wires and put a toggle between them..

take you time with the install, follow all directions and keep the boost at recommended levels, the tune would be the most critical part. As far as a stage 1 goes its pretty much ar reliable as a stock bike. There are people with 50K miles on stage 1 turbo setups even far inferior to an RCC kit

second fan is a plus, i run one and it helps alot down here in texas with a 104 deg temp.

We keep these in stock at all times; they are just over 5" in diameter and come with a mounting kit for $74.95 . . .

coolfan1.JPG

I would be happy to share my turbo experiences with you. I am a "been there, done that" turbo busa owner. I've made a few mistakes, learned a few lessons and I would be happy to share. It took time and effort but I am THRILLED with the finished product.

Dan @ 847-323-8186

I just put a stage 1 kit on my busa and love it, I would recommend a high volume oil pump gear. The fan that Frank from powerhouse posted is also a good idea. He just tuned my bike a few weeks ago and I can't be happier with it. I would give him a call at his shop and he can walk you through everything and give you some tips and pointers before you purchase anything..

Turn turbo turbo turbo, sorry had to get that, whatever you decide to do post up pics as you do the build, im ordering a rcc kit as soon as the riding season is over, and dan ill ne calling you also if you don't mind

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sorry I have no experience with turbos but heres a FREE :Bump:

From what Im gathering his issue is not going to be the install. Hes more concerned with AFTER effects of having a Turbo, like extra maintenence or problems that typically wouldnt arrise with a stock bike.

Sorry I have no experience with turbos but heres a FREE :Bump:

From what Im gathering his issue is not going to be the install. Hes more concerned with AFTER effects of having a Turbo, like extra maintenence or problems that typically wouldnt arrise with a stock bike.

Like the huge grin that stays with you after a ride :thumbsup:

I would be happy to share my turbo experiences with you. I am a "been there, done that" turbo busa owner. I've made a few mistakes, learned a few lessons and I would be happy to share. It took time and effort but I am THRILLED with the finished product.

Dan @ 847-323-8186

Thanks Dan I will be sure to give you a call when I get back to the states. I am deployed to Afghan right now. I am just trying to school myself up before I get back and start the build.

Back