Mr Turbo Classic kit

flippnswitchez

Registered
I have been going through the threads reading up on the MrTurbo kit that I am currently looking at purchasing. So my question is alot of the post on here about the kits are a couple years old, any new thoughts on these kits? Have they improved? I have about 4grand total to play with on a turbo, they also offer me a military discount so I get the kit for around 3500. I like the idea of the kit because I can also do the install myself, my job is the USMC is a hydraulic aircraft mechanic so I feel pretty confident on doing an install.

If it were my, I'd wait and get an RCC kit, always heard great things about em. I don't know a whole lot about the Mr. Turbo kits...

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I would get the RCC kit...do it right once...
Posted via Mobile Device

I have been going through the threads reading up on the MrTurbo kit that I am currently looking at purchasing. So my question is alot of the post on here about the kits are a couple years old, any new thoughts on these kits? Have they improved? I have about 4grand total to play with on a turbo, they also offer me a military discount so I get the kit for around 3500. I like the idea of the kit because I can also do the install myself, my job is the USMC is a hydraulic aircraft mechanic so I feel pretty confident on doing an install.

In an effort to manufacture a kit with a true "rotational" firing header, Mr. Turbo ended up with a turbo that hangs too low, requiring a scavenge pump to pull the oil away from the turbo. This is a design flaw that is made worse due to the fact that scavenge pumps fail frequently. This, along with a poor choice of turbo, makes this a low horsepower, poor quality kit. The plenum design is flawed and due to boost tube location forces you to use spacers under the front tank screws - lifting the gas tank for clearance. So, it does not fit well, makes low power and tends to smoke a lot. Sounds like a winner to me!:whistle:

If I were you, I would halt on the Mr. Turbo kit, and proceed to RCC's website and get Rich to put together a kit for you. Tell him what your plans are and he can help you and build you a rock solid no B.S turbo kit.
Posted via Mobile Device

If I were you, I would halt on the Mr. Turbo kit, and proceed to RCC's website and get Rich to put together a kit for you. Tell him what your plans are and he can help you and build you a rock solid no B.S turbo kit.
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: oh yeah and :thumbsup:

The only way that I would consider going that route would be if I had access to a tuner that has plenty of experience with legacy mr turbo kits on Busas
Just one rebuild because of a tuning error would raise the cost of the "bargain" turbo to more than a fully engineered street able modern kit.

i would buy a hahn kit way before buying a mr turbo kit, and would buy a rcc turbos kit way way way before either of those two.

When you see used mr turbo kits go for sale, they usually start at like 1500, if that tells you anything about how they are viewed in the market

i would buy a hahn kit way before buying a mr turbo kit, and would buy a rcc turbos kit way way way before either of those two.

When you see used mr turbo kits go for sale, they usually start at like 1500, if that tells you anything about how they are viewed in the market

amen!

You could buy a Hahn kit, only because you know what you are doing. At least Terry Kizer stands behind his product, answers the phone, and makes himself available to his customers. Bill Hahn, on the other hand, might as well fall off the face of the earth, because he does NOT answer the phone, and his customer service is non-existent. To say that Hahn Racecraft has the worst customer service I have ever seen in thirty years would be grossly unfair - he has NO customer service.:whistle:

You could buy a Hahn kit, only because you know what you are doing. At least Terry Kizer stands behind his product, answers the phone, and makes himself available to his customers. Bill Hahn, on the other hand, might as well fall off the face of the earth, because he does NOT answer the phone, and his customer service is non-existent. To say that Hahn Racecraft has the worst customer service I have ever seen in thirty years would be grossly unfair - he has NO customer service.:whistle:

Tell us how you really feel Frank :whistle:

Ha ha ha.

Listen to the guys above. They're giving you the best advice. If that is your budget, then hold on to the money and watch for a used RCC. They do pop up from time to time. While you're waiting for it to come around; keep putting that money away. I was waiting for the right deal and then one day I had enough for what I was planning plus some add ons.

I have a stage one mr.turbo on my bike..it makes great power but like they said the turbo sets to low and smokes when its been running on the kick stand..plus the tank will not go all the way down so u need spacers between the tank and frame about half an inch or so..

Back