Questions »»»»»»» ??

ICEMANN

Registered
I guess several of my customers that I have built custom home theatres for name dropped me to a local reporter and the editors of Home theatre magazine. It was kinda odd having them call wanting to interview me and shoot photos of my work, including my lil ole P.O.S. setup for a feature.

Question im pondering, it's going to end up being good advertisement. If my personal photo is featured should I wear a wife beater and the blue cafateria lady hair net/cover??

Or how about a one piece thong stretched up over my shoulders with some knee high black socks and dress shoes like ricko suave had on last year?

seriously, after avoiding the press for 15+ years doing narcotic LE work im not sure what to highlight. I get pretty humble when it comes to my work.

From the local news aspect, my gatherings are they are doing a story on the trends of the public going to high def and personal home theatres vs the local movies. etc.

My problem is that Im brutaly honest and blunt about things. Im all for the do it yourselfers and that you can have a great setup up with out a "major" cost factor but it's my source of living too.

It was nice that I got recommended, from my customers, and that it was unsolicited, now just not sure what to "push".

By the way, I own a small satellite and multimedia/entertainment installation company. We install just about everything, from highspeed internet via sats, networking, tv sats, camera, security and various projection setups. low budget to vidikron top shelf stuff. Again, we just install it all, dont do many sales anymore. It's a fun hobby I guess. All sub contract work, mainly by referals.

any input from anyone who has done marketing, etc too.

jd

Go with the thong!

"My problem is that Im brutaly honest and blunt about things. Im all for the do it yourselfers and that you can have a great setup up with out a "major" cost factor but it's my source of living too"

Not too many people wil do it themselves even if they are capable. I'm sure I could do it, but I wouldn't because it is just easier to pay someone like you to do it for me. That way I know its done properly and I dont have to second guess myself.

its important that you show up professinal and trusting.

the beauty in word of mouth is that you dont have to prove yourself or gain someones trust to get your foot in the door.

When you start promoting you are subject to the perception of people who have never met you.

Do you have someone you trust that could be your public relations guy or front man??

Back