Old analog TV …….. New digital signal ………..HELP!

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
Okay Mr. Low-tech here,
I am probably going to get a flaming here because I do not have a new digital TV or a plasma or a flat screen or any of that stuff.
I simply have a 35†Toshiba CRT.

At the first of the year I received my govmnt assisted converter box and installed it – no problems, received signals and even found I have a few extra “in between†channels, like 4-1, 4-2 & others.
I got all the regular networks – chl 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13.

After about a month I lost channel 5 for a few weeks then it came back.
That lasted for a couple of weeks then I lost it again, thinking it would come back when the signal was stronger.
Then I lost channel 13 for good, and now I have lost channel 2 this week.
I could really care less about these as I really only watch a few things anyway and most of that is PBS.

The problem is my family has a favorite show on channel 2 called “The Amazing Race†and they are not happy with this loss.

First let me throw the stumbling blocks on you before you get too high tech and all partsy fartsy.

1) I REFUSE GET CABLE – Just a waste of my money, my mind and more junk that I would have to sift through – again THIS IS NOT AN OPTION.

2) I WILL NOT BUY A NEW TV – I bought this one because it was a good quality and wanted it to last 20 years as it should and probably will. – This is only an option if this one breaks down.

3) I do not want to start throwing money at this problem – as I stated it is not that important to me – I will glue my favorite photo to the screen and stare at that if I have to.

Bottom line, I was just wondering if this is something that will correct itself when the deadline kicks in, or am I going to lose even more channels.
If anyone knows please let me know or if there is a quick painless way to fix or troubleshoot this.

I know you are thinking what a tightwad I am, and you are right – in fact
My butt is so tight, when I fart, only dogs can hear it.

Side note: Mr Low-tech here is not very friendly with electronic stuff, I am like that guy on Jurassic Park who touches the monitor and it goes a little haywire.
I do not even own a Cell phone and probably never will, I just don’t think I need one.

Thanks for the ear.
Bubba

My what????
Is that the box I bought?
I don't remember seeing a reset button on it.
Thanks, I will look when I get home.
Bubba

I have a couple tv's but only for watching movies, no cable and or anything else not even a converter box, so you are not the only one.

Find a cheap digital booster at Wal-mart. The signal is proably just a bit too weak.

I have a couple tv's but only for watching movies, no cable and or anything else not even a converter box, so you are not the only one.

I knew I liked you for a reason.:laugh:
Yea! I am not the only one.
Thanks, that is good to know. At work they look at me as if I am alien to the planet.
Bubba

If it doesn't have a reset button, most of the time, unplugging the device for 30 sec will reset it.

If it doesn't have a reset button, most of the time, unplugging the device for 30 sec will reset it.

+1...unplug for a minute or so.

If that doesn't work let me know.....I am not electronic smart but I have Marines who are like electronic gadget kings.....if its made, one of them owns it.

PM or call me.

Back