Question regarding double cab trucks

try this one...
Or this one....

AUSeal.gif

Even tho you've already chosen the FJ (very cool ride)

Thought I'd throw my vote in the hat anyway...
My '03 F350 CC 6.0 powerstroke. Great power, far better mileage than my '99 chev half ton got. And it'll pull a house!

1.JPG

I want a powerstroke!
smile.gif
I want "what's in" the powerstroke!
laugh.gif
and helmets off to mjn...very nice...all three.
biggrin.gif

well folks?...I struck out here locally...and by "locally"?...I mean every toyota dealership within a 100 miles of my home 0only has 1, 2 or even "none" of these and the ones they have?..are "YELLOW"...and only one of those yellow ones has the equipment I'm looking for...which is 4WD/AT w/ "Tow Package"...and while I'm not to fond of yellow but would "deal with it"?...wifey absolutely won't...and she and the daughters are doing something for me that I never thought they would...and in a 1/2 hour?...my wife hates yellow so bad?...she's closing up her hair salon and we're all squeezing into my tundra and heading 2 hours north to orlando...where they have (2) FJ's...One in "Titianium Metallic" and one in "Black Diamond"...both claimed to be equipped as I specified..4WD/AT/Tow...we're leaving in minutes...and it's 5:00pm now...it's gonna be a long night and I'll be fit to be tied if we can't "Strike A Deal" and hafta hoof it back home in the old tundra...but...we'll do what's wise either way..also...the pricing up there in orlando was about $4K less than locally here..and the right colors....wish us luck and..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Bill,

What ever you get, make sure it's a diesel. Much better fuel economy, espically if you pull any type of trailer, and will last forever. Personaly I prefer the Dodge. I'll take an inline 6 over a V-8 any day (diesel that is.)

Good luck,

Steve

Whelp...300 miles round trip and 8+ hours later?...I struck out folks as follows...

Still owe 17K on the tundra + 14K Trade Value ='s 3K deficiet added to the cost of a $30+K hot selling, low initial production, just hit the open market, new release model vehicle with slightly less than pristine beacon scores ='ed payments just this side of the stratosphere...could've got silly and "Taken It" but common financial sense prevailed and we called..."No Deal".

Oh the daughters were a tad disappointed as was the wife (who got to test drive it and liked it as much if not moreso than I)...buuuuuuut...close to $700 payments for 72 months was completely out of the question...as in...no way.
sad.gif

I figured...he11..I owe 17K on the tundra and the KBB "Private Sale Value" is $18+ K while the "Trade-In Value" is in fact a mere $14K...so?...why take a $4K azz whopping and then pay intrest on that azz whopping for 72 months...fug that...I'll sell the tundra privately..and be waaaay ahead of the game even if I just off it for the 17K and break even...but then on the ride back home?..I got to thinking...damn...it does only have 42K miles on it and it is rather pristine (especially after the girls and I detailed it out today) and now?..after I saw the financial impact of "Buying New" again first hand at todays sticker prices?..the old tundra ain't looking so bad any more.
laugh.gif

Left undecided...but if anything?..I'll probably be putting the tundra in the local classifieds asap...just to get out from under those payments as well (while the gett'ins still good)...and then go from there....and he11...I might not even replace it with anything for a while and just keep riding my busa to work (10 minuyes away) and just keep squirreling away my hard earned until I see what the oil moguls and future holds..cause ain't none of this gas/oil/fuel shid looking to good lately and while that FJ Cruiser is one he11 of a vehicle?..for some reason I just ain't feeling to froggy any more...more like...."Time To Count My Blessings" annnnnd....make the best of'em while making due...and...prudent...common sense...decisions.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Give Craig's list a try to Jinkster....I am having some good luck on there with my car i have up for sale. Too bad you struck out on the Ninja Turtle truck.(just what i think they look like)

I'll never buy another brand new car again. Since this decision I have owned a '97 Expedition, bought in '99 with 31,000 miles and drove it to 173,000 miles. paid $14,500 and sold it for $6,200 on a trade in. Got the wife a '98 Explorer with 39,000 miles in '00 for $11,900 traded it in with 145,000 miles for $5,300. Bought a '01 Silverado 2500 HD 4 door king cab or whatever Chevy calls it. Bought it in 2003 Paid $17,200 for it with 41,000 miles and an '04 Grand Prix GT with 9,000 miles for $11,900 for the wife. I love the truck and can't beleive how much more room it has over the Expedition and the ease of maintenance.

Back