Question regarding double cab trucks

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
well folks...my '03 tundra is but an access cab and things are gett'in a tad tight in the back for the growing family...also...it's time....but this time around my focus is on a more spacious 4 door cab and would like better mpg's...topping my shortlist at the moment is a Tacoma 4Door Long Bed...(need a long enough bed for the busa and don't want the rear wheel tied down to an open tailgate)...but if there's something else out there I should be looking at?..please...by all means..fill me in and...

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif

F350 with 4" magnaflow, Hypertech, K&N filter and automatic gives me up to 28mpg in summer, 22 winter, and 7.3 seems to last forever. Spare tire hangs under the back, theres room for 4 people all over 6'6, you cant beat a Ford.

<!--EDIT|Ken02busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148011489 -->

IMG_0419small.jpg

I like the Titan King cabs. 4x4, should be long enough for the busa too.
wink.gif

I currently own a Chevy Silverado--DON'T BUY ONE!!!! Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned. Can't keep it out of the repair shop. My next truck? A Toyota Tundra. They are being redesigned for 2007--so I'm waiting for the new model.

Three words: HEMI DODGE RAM
oh, you said gas mileage. uh well - they look cool. (15mpg
sad.gif
)
And the back windows roll all the way down!!!!

Heres a far away shot.

Dsc00234.jpg

Have you looked at the new 4 door tundra's? i love the room in mine, it's easy to fit two kids the wife and the busa.

Whelp...I can't believe that for the first time in the last 25 years of my adult life?...my next new vehicle might not be a pick-up truck....as my daughters have outgrown the rear seat of my access cab tundra and if I uise the bed of the truck 2-3 times a year?..that's a lot...and 9 outta ten times I do use the bed?..it's to take my motorcycle on vacation to the mountains...well...I can do that with a flyweight trailer...and...a new Toyota FJ Cruiser w/ Tow Package and 4WD....as I just test drove one tonight and liked it...a lot...fugg'in thing is built like a cross between an abrahms tank and a humvee....with an extremely strong character of it's own...annnnd.....an interior package you can take a garden hose to..no shid....with drain plugs in the floorboards...and cool azz creature features everywhere...killer stereo as well...damn I liked it...I'll probably be shopping for one that's the right color tomorrow...as the only one they had with a tow package was burn yer eyes outta their sockets "Yellow"..I'm looking for either Black Diamond or Titanium Metallic...loaded...w/ tow package...and what a hellified go anywhere vehicle this thing is...damn...I liked it...a lot.
sad.gif

nissan titan i love it have had every other model(trade my truck in yearly) and by far the best i have had will buy another next year

love the new Dodge Rams, but Ford F150 supercrew (or 250) are good too. Titan looks good, but never been in one. If you may forego the pickup, look at the Tahoe Hybrid:V-8 with better mpg than V-6s out there, otherwise new Durango (dad drives on '05) is nice too for the $$.

Godd luck Bill, and you know what to do when you buy........PICS, PICS, PICS please!
smile.gif

Pretty much made up my mind here folks...gonna be looking hard for a Toyota FJ Cruiser today....loved the damn thing after yesterdays test drive...the thing screams "TOUGH & RUGGED"...and toyota did a helluva job re-birthing their old and fabled original Land Cruiser...anyone wanna go....well...anywheres? LOL!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Well, I haven't quite given up on the Chevy.  Here's a pic of my old school Busa hauler...

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148150802 -->

Well, I haven't quite given up on the Chevy. Here's a pic of my old school Busa hauler...

Chevy.JPG

Back