Question for the mechanics here

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
My slave cylinder leaks, so I bought a new seal, but even after pulling the allen bolts that hold it on it does not want to come off. Am I missing something? As my browser does not show the search button, I browsed the FAQ and found a pasted search link, used it but found nothing relevant. Is there anything I should look out for? I remember someone talking about using a micro vac pump which saved 2 gallons of dot 4.
Anyone else had to do this?

Did you remove the sprocket cover?

I think the slave cylinder is mounted to the back of the sprocket cover.

If your talking about the left hand side of the engine where the clutch line banjo bolt is located there should be two allen head release cylinder bolts. Remove them and you must displace the front sprocket cover.... Do not operate your clutch lever with these parts removed. That should do the trick, you might have to remove the rod that is in this location as well.... Hope this helps

This may help:

Slave_Cylinder.jpg

as you can see above not only do you have to remove the allen bolts but you must also remove the sprocket cover.
smile.gif
if you do any 1/4 mi racing and have stiffer springs in your clutch then now is the time to buy a clutch slave cylinder support bracket. the springs in my clutch were so stiff they cracked my sprocket cover during a pass.
wow.gif

Make sure you bleed the line first before removing !

Back