What's going on here?

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
I took my forks off to change the seals and replace the oil and noticed these places on them. Does anyone know what caused this and what effect it has on them? The seals were not leaking and the forks were working just fine.

100_3158.jpg

That happened to mine too, can't speak for yours but mine when I checked them were bent. :down:

Just looks worn to me. Its just above wear the unloaded fork sits and seems to be as long as the travel of the fork. If its not leakin and still workin, Id all it good.

Just normal wear.

I agree. Something that will help to reduce wear on the coating is to wipe that area off good when you clean your bike. That area is exposed to alot of road debris and brake dust.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD! STOP RIDING AT ONCE!

Just kidding.. :D

Alot of GSXR owners used to complain about that coating wearing off. I think that's why Suzuki switched to the new coating (the black stuff) instead. Trying to remember what years the Gixxers had issues with it. I want to say 03-04?? Could be wrong.
Either way, there was nothing wrong with the forks, just the coating coming off.
:beerchug:

Thanks for all the replies. I never saw it before I pulled the forks off because it was compressed inside the wiper seals. Everything seemed fine, I just want a few expert opinions :whistle:

Back