Question about the busa's power

JKJsBUSA

Registered
I am getting ready to purchase an 05 busa when they finally arrive. I have been riding dirt bikes and stuff since I was about 10 and in 2001 I bought a Yamaha FZ1 which in 03 I traded and got a VTX1800c. I love the looks of the busa and cant wait to get it but I was wondering if any one can try and tell me about the busa will compare to either of these 2 bikes. Besides the obvious being able to outrun both of them.
Thanks.

Coming from the VTX you should be ok with the power. The busa is pretty forgiving with the longer wheelbase and extra weight compared to a Gixxer 1K or R1.

As an ex FZ1 owner myself, I think you'll find the bikes somewhat similar in terms of power, handling and weight, it's just that the busa has quite a bit more of what you felt in the Fizzer, know what I'm saying?

After I did an Ivan's jet kit and Yosh pipe, my FZ made 130 hp at the tire which is, of course, some 25 less than a stock busa, but it was no slouch and the power delivery was very linear without any steps or bumps in the way it came on.

Because the busa isn't a peaky machine, it's easy to ride even if you're really getting after it. Just like the FZ1.

The other thing you'll notice between the two bikes is, where the Yamaha begins to sign off at around 140 or so, the Suzook is still pulling like it's in 2nd gear.

Just wait, you're going to love it. The Hayabusa is the most fun I've ever had on two wheels, and that's saying alot because it's the 12th bike I've owned since '89.

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097701249 -->

Hhahaha... that CheeseDude is causing trubl again ! Take everything you liked about your FZ and x it by at least 3!

same as a VTX1800 but lighter and handles better and revs further only differance
jump9.gif

Thanks for all your input. Now I am even more excited about gettin my new bike. I had put the GYTR pipe and ivans jet kit on the FZ1 and I put the Vance and Hines big shots and PCIII on my VTX so I cant wait to get this thing anf feel what kind of power its got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never ridden an FZ1 or a VTX, but the Busa reminds me of a ZX-11 on a helllavu lotta steroids...instant freight train acceleration that yanks you from slow to faster than you can comprehend....with just a little twist. Its actually kinda hard to hot rod around town....it accelerates too quick with too little throttle and gets you from point A to wayyyy past point B before your quite ready. It demands alot of attention if you have a heavy hand. But man does it give you great grins
biggrin.gif
But be patient if you get a brand new one.....it takes 700 or so break in miles to feel the full power
wink.gif

Back