Questions?

Diegz

Registered
Hello everyone I'm new to the website and I have a few questions. I'm currently riding a 1998 Yamaha R1, but I have always loved the Hayabusa. About a week ago an opportunity came along to purchase a 2001 'busa with less than 200miles on it. The owner is asking $7500 US. Does this price seem reasonable, and is there anything I should look for in particular when I look at the bike and ride it on thursday. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Diegz

If the bike only has 200 miles on a 2001 I could see some problems because it must of sat for a long time without being ridden. I would definatly have it checked out by a mechanic before spending the money. 7500 is at the top of the price list for a 2001. just my 02 cents

Sounds a little strange to me, but make sure you get it checked out by a qualified mechanic. Lots of potential problems with a bike that hasn't been ridden much in 4 years or so.

i paid that much for my 2001 busa that had 2800 miles on it. I had to change all the fluids becasue they were all crapped up. When i did my tank swap and poured out my gas there was all kinds of little chips in the tank. I think you should flush all the fluids out the bike and swap out the chaing and you should be good i say go for it....after a test ride of course. Now its gonna shift like shid so expect that

Thanks guys for the info. hopefully i will know within the next day or so whats what with the bike. If i do get the bike you'll see me around here more often. thanks again.

-Diegz

Back