put a dog down, picked up two...

busabeast

likes to pass cars
Registered
wow everbody, what a weekend...

first off, i'm at work doin the mechanic thing on saturday, when i get a text from the gf. its a pic of a couple cute little puppies, and she asks did i want one... so i call her, we talk: 'boy or girl'- girls; 'papers?' - yup; father on site, grandmother on site, well known champion breeder, international titles, police training titles, german shepard pups... then the kicker: 'how much?' out of respect for the kennel, i wont disclose the amount we were charged, but after we got one and i spent about a half hour with her, we had to go get the second... couldn't pass her up...

so on the way home after picking up the second pup, i get a call from my mom: 'we're at the emergency vet, we think Isabella might be put down soon...'

WTF??!! so we change course and make a beeline for the vet...

btw, this is when chris called and i said ' yeah we're still on for the lake'... sorry dude- was a bad scene when i got there and i wasn't ready for what was goin on- i promise i'll make it up...

anyways- my stepdad, who is a tough as nails retired apache pilot who's seen several wars, had buddies die in his arms, etc. meets us at the door and proceeds to ball his eyes out- i know now its not good...

when he is able to talk again we find out: kidney stones, tumors in spleen, throwing up blood- and she's 13 to boot- vet says we should think about lettin her go... half hour later i'm numb, cant imagine what life is gonna be like without Isabella around- she was a good dog: ibezen hound, sister to 'bunny' who won westminster best of show several years ago- a truly gorgeous animal who cant be replaced... but aren't they all??

anyways- thanks for lettin me share, and yeah i know: pics!

1307969316023.jpg

1307969322724.jpg

1307969332272.jpg

Sorry to hear of your loss - the same thing (and I mean same thing) happened to us. We too now own two GSD puppies. You have your work cut out for you - but well worth the road ahead.

Former Marine, former cop, all around hard core guy. I cry like a baby when I have to have a cat put down! My wife calls me a wimp. But, with no kids, they are like a kid.

thanks guys- it just doesn't seem fair that they dont live longer... seems like you're really gettin a good, close, comfortable relationship, then they leave...

bummer...

but the pups are already makin me laugh... just wish they would leave my dirty underware alone!:laugh:

Sorry to hear about Isabella, new life with puppies will be an adventure! :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your Isabella. I hope the new babies will help take some of the pain away. Congratulations on the little ones. Do you have names for them yet?

Sorry to hear about your Isabella. I hope the new babies will help take some of the pain away. Congratulations on the little ones. Do you have names for them yet?

yeah- its a 'c' litter- third one from this dam- so we chose cricket (cause she's a noisy little bugger) and cassie (cassiopeia- yeah: she's that gorgeous)

we havent decided what to register them as tho, just the call names... and i think we're pretty set on doing schutzhund with them- i am anyways:thumbsup:

So sorry for your loss, it's tough to lose a member of the family (because they aren't pets, they are family members). Congrats on the two pups! I had a Shepard years ago, the most active puppy I ever owned, next to the Huskie!!

Back