Pure Joy

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, all...I was able to log another 500+ miles on the Michelin Pilot Pure's this past weekend.

They booger up very nicely...:whistle:

Still under 1,000 miles on 'em and not one complaint!

Will continue to update as the rubber shreds off...

:beerchug:

Only 1000?

I have about 15 miles on mine with chicken strips as wide as the Grand Canyon... :laugh:

How are they over the Bridgestones that came with the bike? I have never used Michelins on any sport bike I have had... Pirelli's and bridgestone I am comfortable with. I have had dunlop's once before.... but never trusted them... Once they let go... they go. The others listed I can feel what the tire is telling me... when to back off. I know when I get back from the spring bash that I will need another set of tires... So I am curious with all the riding you do Scar... what your take is on a few brands and models!

They're infinitely better than the stock 'stones!

Phat and gooey on the sizes and apparently long lasting in the center strip.

You will not be disappointed...that's for sure. It's a world of difference.

I've stayed predominantly with the Michelin's due to the feeling of confidence they give me.

I tried a couple of other sets on recommendations of others, but they have never measured up. Not to make any negative reports or comments regarding those particular instances, :whistle:, please let it suffice that I can unequivocally recommend Michelin. Pure, 2CT and Road2's have never disappointed me.

ok, based on your recommendations I will invest in a set once these powers wear out... should happen sometime around April 25th :laugh:

Good man...

You'll be very well pleased and I for one, wish you an awesome trip with that new trailer you gotz.

Good man...

You'll be very well pleased and I for one, wish you an awesome trip with that new trailer you gotz.

thanks! I'm certainly planning for a longer one later in the year.... this one is going to test the system :thumbsup:

now stop reviewing stuff, you are makin me spend money on cool new stuff :laugh:

Michelin compares the Power Pure with the likes of Bridgetsone BT-016, Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier II, Metzeler Sportec M3 and Pirelli Diablo Rosso. The Pure is hanging out in good company if it compares to the Bridgestone BT-016 and Dunlop Q2!

Time will tell but may turn out to be a good tire?

Okay...I have something near 2k miles on them.

As mentioned previously in this thread, the phat strips of softer-stuff boogers up nicely. They seem to heat up at a respectable rate, and to date, seem also to wear nicely across the harder mid-section; although admittedly, I don't spend an inordinate amount of time on that section.

I'm still very interested to see what type of longevity I get out of them...but they're mounted and running on the 'busa which I ride less than the other one...

So I might be in a situation like the owl in the tootsie-roll-pop commercial... 1, u-tah-hoo, thhrreee. Three. You know the drill.

But I digress.

At this moment, I can't tell you the pressure at which I run them. The bike is in the city in which I am currently not. I will be in that city, tomorrow, and I will look and tell you.

I have never questioned the Pures, and I've been spankin' em pretty darn good.

I presume to get another couple thousand miles out of them.

I still highly recommend them for my style of riding.

Last edited:
Very interested to hear how these wear for you. I actually ride a 600rr and found this thread through a google search. I've only got about 150 miles on them so far and loving them. About to do a trackday on them as well.

It's nice to hear a tire eating 'busa has put 2,000 miles on them with more to go!

Very interested to hear how these wear for you. I actually ride a 600rr and found this thread through a google search. I've only got about 150 miles on them so far and loving them. About to do a trackday on them as well.

It's nice to hear a tire eating 'busa has put 2,000 miles on them with more to go!

Pay particular attention to your own tire pressures if you go to the track. There are some who are attributing their TRACK crashes to these tires.

I cannot comment one way or another on that, but just be careful, anyway.

I suspect they'll be good for 4k miles, yo. It's why I keep buying Michelins. I've always been able to get a value out of them.

That said, I'll also offer the caveat that I don't torque madly away from stop signs/lights; which is where I believe a lot of people lose rubber unnecessarily.

Anyway, good luck and have fun w/your track day. I'm eager to hear of your experience on the Pures out there in the fun place.

Last edited:
Back