Purchasing consumable parts...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
What places, other than the Suzuki dealers, can I purchase a new oil filter, moto oil, kerosene and chain lube for my first 600 mile maintenance routine?

Do I need to replace anything other than oil and filter like seal rings, etc.?

And I know not to overtighten the drain plug.

You can only get the OEM filter at the dealer, but if you want something else you can get it at most auto parts stores? Not much to do for the 600 mile service other than change the oil and filter, check the plugs and stuff like that. I'm sure others will chime in.

Thanks, I assumed for the OE filter I would have to go to the dealer and if I wanted the Suzuki oil as well.

But I wanted to know specifically what other places (PepBoys?, AutoZone?) I can find the oil, kerosene and chain lube.

I'll pick my own non-synth 10W-40 oil thank you...no reason to start that topic up again.

Thanks, I assumed for the OE filter I would have to go to the dealer and if I wanted the Suzuki oil as well.  

But I wanted to know specifically what other places (PepBoys?, AutoZone?) I can find the oil, kerosene and chain lube.

I'll pick my own non-synth 10W-40 oil thank you...no reason to start that topic up again.
I usually stick with AutoZone, but it depends on what's in your area. Advanced also has the right stuff.

I usually stick with AutoZone, but it depends on what's in your area.  Advanced also has the right stuff.
I couldn't find squat on Autozone's or Advance AP websites for motorcycle anything.

Is the dealer my only hope for Grunge Brush, oil filter wrench (if needed) etc.?

I usually stick with AutoZone, but it depends on what's in your area. Advanced also has the right stuff.
I couldn't find squat on Autozone's or Advance AP websites for motorcycle anything.

Is the dealer my only hope for Grunge Brush, oil filter wrench (if needed) etc.?
You'll need to go in the stores to look and ask around.

I got my WIX filter at Oreilly's for $9.99. I don't remember the part #, there is a post on it somewhere. I got my Mobil M4xt (full synthetic) oil at Wal-mart for about $7.48 a quart.

Don

Kerosene you could pick up at The Home Depot or any home and garden store. Oil, that all depends, usually dealers are a tad bit than your local Kragen, Auto Zone, and Pep Boys. Chain lube I purchase at my local shop...

I got my WIX filter at Oreilly's for $9.99.  I don't remember the part #, there is a post on it somewhere.  I got my Mobil M4xt (full synthetic) oil at Wal-mart for about $7.48 a quart.

Don
I've read that OE filters are the safest bet. Bike is still under warranty so should I use OE everything for the first year so I don't get any flack from the dealer about warranty issues if needed?

Back