Purchase used busa now or after 08s come out??

firebug

Registered
I am looking at picking up a first gen busa to add to the collection. I'm in no hurry and funds are a little tight.

Will the market price be better once the 08s are out or are they about as good as they are going to get?

I know this is speculation but what do you think.

Thanks

Also any busas for sale in the southern WI area let me know.

They sell pretty cheap anywhere but Indy.From what I've seen.There not budging on price here unless you know someone.

I have an 05 with some nice mods that I am looking to get $9K for.

Hard to say, its like predicting the weather.

But my guess is the 1st generation Busa will be cheaper after the 2nd generation busa than if the '08 busa didn't have any changes.

I bought my brand new '07 last month for $9,500 out-the- door. Dealer then had two left (Blue not black). Pretty good discounts on the '07's being offered by dealers that still have them on the floor. I expect the '08 to run $12k + set up and dealer gimme's, and if the dollar tanks it will be worse. So, go for a left over '07 and do it quick while there are still some left out there. Best deal out there. Nothing quicker.

Used? Not sure I would want a used Busa unless I knew it's previous life completely.

Its all what you like. I am waiting for the new 08, but with everything there may be bugs in it. Its a risk im willing to take. But im waiting till feb to get one. The 07 you will get a good deal, since they need to get rid of them and last year of any thing is the best since all the bugs if any were taken care of. My dealer in Phoenix, AZ has one 07 and one 06 waiting which I know they are willing to part with for much less. But I want the new 2008. This will be my second bike and it will be NEW so I will know everything about it from Day ONE. My first bike was a 2000 TL1000R so I know big bikes.

(firebug @ Aug. 16 2007,14:18) I am looking at picking up a first gen busa to add to the collection.  I'm in no hurry and funds are a little tight.

Will the market price be better once the 08s are out or are they about as good as they are going to get?

I know this is speculation but what do you think.

Thanks

Also any busas for sale in the southern WI area let me know.
If you can wait a year...the prices on used low mileage 08's will be alot less than a new one. It sounds like you have other bikes to ride
wink.gif
so you can ride AS your anticipating your cutting edge new busa
tounge.gif
I would do that rather than getting a current one, the new ones going to be a faster all around better bike (although some would also say uglier
wow.gif
) And buying in the fall/winter helps lower your price alot
wink.gif

wink.gif

I think market prices will be more dependent on what the age and condition (perhaps even the pay off) of the bike is rather than the situation of what the new model year will bring.

Now that said, if H2 starts flying off the shelves and people are trading in tons of the H1s you might see a down tick but I would not suspect much.

Go buy one and start living bro!

i bought a brand new 06 blu/silver in may for $9600.00 OTD.
i should have waited because the prices on the 07's now are
less than that. i have also noticed the prices on used busas on
ebay have dropped since the 08 was unveiled. my advice is to
go ahead and buy now. it's a buyers market.prices are right.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I have a few leads and heading to the dealer to check out the 07s.

Back