Pulled Over for Follow Up on Evading - Austin TX

that is the biggest bunch of b.s. ive ever heard. what did they think was gonna happen?
COP: yes sir i pulled you over because there was a bike the same color as yours that ran from the PO-lice.
YOU: yep that was me! dang yalls bikes are slow!
PUH-LEEEESE!!!!

Naaa he followed you for to long....... I think it was Busa Envy + he wanted to get a good close detailed description of your bike; so on that day that you are running late for work and doing 150 down I-35 all he has to do is come knock on your door.

Naaa he followed you for to long....... I think it was Busa Envy + he wanted to get a good close detailed description of your bike; so on that day that you are running late for work and doing 150 down I-35 all he has to do is come knock on your door.

Right on! This is exactly what is happening. They are getting every bike on file so that anytime someone flies by them, they dont have to give chase, they simply show up at your door later and accuse you of it.

Question is how long before he pulled you over did the incident occur? If it was more than an hour (ish) then yes he would need more probable cause than the follow up to pull you over. Looks like he is writing a ticket? In the case of a felony some latitude has to be afforded. It sounds like your only out a little bit of time. You can certainly file a complaint with the department if the incident occurred the day before or a significant amount of time prior to you being pulled over if he had no other reason.

Question is how long before he pulled you over did the incident occur? If it was more than an hour (ish) then yes he would need more probable cause than the follow up to pull you over. Looks like he is writing a ticket? In the case of a felony some latitude has to be afforded. It sounds like your only out a little bit of time. You can certainly file a complaint with the department if the incident occurred the day before or a significant amount of time prior to you being pulled over if he had no other reason.

The incident supposedly occured a sometime in April and im not 100% sure but i think they said it was multiple occurences prior to April. Nothing recent for sure!

He wasnt writing a ticket, he was writing out the psuedo citation which states that he pulled me over for probable cause with the violation of "follow up on evade".

I had the hump on and he asked if i ever have a passenger and I said yeah my wife rides with me sometimes and he made me give a description. I described her and said she had blonde hair etc. He comes back and asks if her hair could be misconstrued (sp?) for red hair... ???

I guess... if you are blind or she is wearing her helmet like she always does.

I know how u feel. Happen to me a couple times. Once it wasnt me. Sometimes you just gotta know what to say. Around here. If they loose site of ya, and no tag was read, it is hard to prove in court.
Best not to run, but "ducking out" is whole differant thread. Lol
Still sucks to have to look over your shoulder, more than usual.
Be careful and good luck.

In Apr. Wow. He is wasting your time and his own. That does not meet the probable cause standard or the reasonable suspicion standard either in my opinion. Especially given the other details of the passenger.

All that being said I think I wouldn't be too upset at them trying to do their job, with a multiple offender that is likely to eventually cause an accident being an idiot. IMHO

Hey gang, if this thread becomes a cop bashing thread, it's gone. Guys and gals out doing their job, guy didn't get ticketed, so I guess I'm wondering why everyone here goes off half-cocked over anything and everything that has to do with the police anymore.

:rulez:

no bashing here since I am one but people still do have their rights in good ole USA. I spent 21 years in the military also hoping to do my part to keep it that way. :)

I live in Texas as well and have been to Austin ..its only 5 hours from me and I have been on I-35.... It is NO place to be doing 100 mph. To many people on the phone and texting ...... (but at times if your not doing 85 you will get run over). So the cop could do his job better by pulling over all those people driving 85 and on there cell phone instead of looking for that 1 that got away:moon:

Way too many other issues to even concede some errant attitude with the officer, especially where maturity isn't necessarily a requirement for owning a vehicle that will easily do thrice the speed limit. So the rest of us suffer the foolish acts of an isidious rider; where's the thread coaching and encouraging good riding behavior among the less considerate, or even the thread condeming the behavior of the 'busa rider gone wild'? Don't get me wrong, I see triple digits a-plenty, but to bring questions on the image of authority that probably more often feels like their hands are tied to other places that keep them from performing their duty, who could blame them for such an outlet? Ownership of a 'busa automatically entails inherent risks including attention, undue or no; sort of the price we pay for the toys we choose to play with. How can we begin to stir fault-finding against those who may be more frustrated with the myraid other injustices tolerated in the performance of their duties?

In short my brother, it is encouraging to pursue greater understanding among the brotherhood than to bring strife through promoting a divisive issue. After all, the other brother was also riding a scooter. Must be some like passion in there somewhere...:whistle:

Here's to hoping we can find greater causes to promote among ourselves. :thumbsup::beerchug:

Way too many other issues to even concede some errant attitude with the officer, especially where maturity isn't necessarily a requirement for owning a vehicle that will easily do thrice the speed limit. So the rest of us suffer the foolish acts of an isidious rider; where's the thread coaching and encouraging good riding behavior among the less considerate, or even the thread condeming the behavior of the 'busa rider gone wild'? Don't get me wrong, I see triple digits a-plenty, but to bring questions on the image of authority that probably more often feels like their hands are tied to other places that keep them from performing their duty, who could blame them for such an outlet? Ownership of a 'busa automatically entails inherent risks including attention, undue or no; sort of the price we pay for the toys we choose to play with. How can we begin to stir fault-finding against those who may be more frustrated with the myraid other injustices tolerated in the performance of their duties?

In short my brother, it is encouraging to pursue greater understanding among the brotherhood than to bring strife through promoting a divisive issue. After all, the other brother was also riding a scooter. Must be some like passion in there somewhere...:whistle:

Here's to hoping we can find greater causes to promote among ourselves. :thumbsup::beerchug:

That as as eloquent as I have ever read. :beerchug:

Back