PSA: Warning for new/recent home buyers

Our new house is pretty secure. There is a elec/hydro gate at the end of the drive way that we open from the house, or it uses the plate pass sitting in the glove box of the cars. There is a key pad how ever I am unsure of the code. The garage on the house has openers on all 3 doors but dont work. I am not sure what is wrong with them. The shop has 3 garage doors but are not remote. Have to open and close them from a dead man switch next to each door in side. We have motion sensor lights all over, it gets kind of annoying at times cause we have a lot of wild life out here and the ones in the back yard seem to be always on.

Most of these types of intrusions are from the older opener where the remote has dip switches to set the "code". most of these only have several hundered codes./QUOTE said:
maybe time to get a new one then, thanks professor:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this and I hope they catch them.
My house was bought in forecloser also. I didn't get the remotes for the garage doors and I only got one key for the doors. The first thing I did was to disconnect the door openers and change the locks.

Back