So often we hear of bad things happening around us

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
So how about something positive for a change?

This is amazing and true as it happened to me.

Last night I needed to go to our colocation to check on a server that checked out and I needed to get there in a hurry. My badge was in the truck, so no worries, just reach in and get it and off I go.

So I drove to San Francisco and was back about 2.5 - 3 hrs later. That's when I noticed that my garage door was open. When I was rustling through the truck to get my ID badge I hit the garage door opener by accident. Keep in mind, I live on a fairly busy street and my garage opens to that street.

In my garage was my HAYABUSA, segway, helmets, jackets, tools, miata, and a whole boatload of other stuff, all right there by the door.

Inventory of what was missing? Nothing. Yep, not one thing. I don't live in the highest priced neighborhood by any measure. I either got really lucky or I just checked in every Karma Point I've earned. And yes, the garage door opener was REMOVED from the truck. It's in the house now. Can't risk that again.

It's nice to have good news to share.

Actually, if you check your odometer you will see that I rode your bike while you were out :laugh:

Don't worry, I filled it with gas.

If only I could have got the Segway working... looked like fun.

Actually, if you check your odometer you will see that I rode your bike while you were out :laugh:

I was waiting when he got back, and took it for a "blistering run to Los Angeles and back in two hours flat". Filled the tank, but you'll need an oil change and a chain service..... oh and sorry about all the bugs....:laugh:

Okay maybe not, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night..... :oldcool:

That is good news, but yeah, I'd check the odometer...someone may have taken your baby for a spin :laugh:

ok, I drank his beer too... you want it back?

In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice "Lucky"...... glad to hear there a few honest people left in this world!

That reminds me of my nieghbors. I came home from work on a Friday and his garage door was open. No biggie. Went to take the trash out and it was still open. So I knocked on his door. No answer. Tried to close the door. It's locked up and takes a key to move :banghead: So I talked to the guys across the street, they work odd hours, so they are home when I am gone, I am home when they are gone. We just watched out for it. They came home Sunday night. Gone all weekend with the garage door open and nothing missing. :rofl: His face was priceless when he came over and asked if I had noticed his garage door open.

Back