Protecting polished frame.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
If I were to polish my frame, what should I apply to it to keep it from corroding? From my understanding, it comes with some sort of film or coating to keep this in check. Polishing would remove this ... wouldn't it?

i use blue magic i think is the name of it. The best method to prevent corrosion or spotting is to stay on top of it. Not real fun, but necessary non the less

BTW doing a frame, or anything not 100% flat, especially for your first time is a b i a t c h!!! Just to let you know...

i use blue magic i think is the name of it.  The best method to prevent corrosion or spotting is to stay on top of it.  Not real fun, but necessary non the less
This is your best bet. After a couple hundred hours of polish it gets pretty sealed up For instance. i just plished my bar ends but had my frame and wheels polished for a while. So when it rains my bar ends rust but frame and wheels are fine. I just used mothers polish

Yep, you just gota stay on top of it, or it just gets harder to get back to new lookn. I do a little polishing on the side, and most people that pay to have it done thinks that once its done, it,s done, but thats not the case. The more you rub, the more it shines.
tounge.gif

Back