Project Weightloss

i got too much junk food in here now, that and i'm an emotional eater as well as when i'm bored. I don't know how to build a solid plan to change the way i eat. I don't think diets work really
i know i can do it. I once went from 236 to 188 in 5 weeks
but that was forced exercise every day at a steel shop
Same problem here. If I get depressed or bored, I used to eat. Thats why you keep yourself busy. Do situps if you get bored, watch a movie, get together with friends... If you can't and you end up eating, eat healthy. Carrots, apples, strawberry's...

i think i've found partial salvation. My mom n dad got a Total Gym today..... That thing is BADA**! It worked so many muscles I never knew i had and you could REALLY feel the muscle working, it was great! I gotta get one now

Been there man and you're right, the excuses come along and I have been guilty of it myself and said the same thing. If the cold is keeping you indoors with the food, I would recommend getting a elliptical. I bought one when I returned from the desert. I shedded 35 pounds in 4 months with a mediocre diet. Hang in there man, it will pay off later. You WON'T lose it overnight and I think thats what discourages alot of people because they want the weight gone overnight. Trust me bro, it takes awhile and the scale is not your fiend. Tuck it away for awhile and then after you workout for a couple of weeks, pull it out and see how you did
thumb_up.gif

This vacation is turning me back into a lardass. That on top of having been sick for most of December has thrown a monkey wrench into my own "Projekt Maximum Diesel". Oh well, I will get back into it, for now I am doing a bunch of push-ups everyday as well as curls and shrugs once in awhile. Riding the Busa in subfreezing temps is also an effective exercise for me...

Keep it up. If you need motivation I will hell at your a$$ boot camp style. You keep working hard cut out the bad food. You will see the progress on the pics and that is enough to keep you motivated. I know you can do it you have made the first steps here. You can do it. Make sure you push yourself everyday and listen to your body. Don't plan your exercise around your day. Plan your day around your exercise. Keep going with it.

When you read this drop and give me 25.

You have taken a vital first step right here on this forum by telling friends about your goals and even sharing photos. This puts pressure on you to live up to your goals. Most people will let themselves down quietly before being embarrassed by it when others know. Don't know your situation but I know I wouldn't stand a chance without a gym membership. Cold weather not a factor inside the gym. Most people make radical changes like crash diets that they cannot sustain for the long haul. This is a mistake. Yes you always want to drop weight fast but the main thing is that the weight stay off. This is done with a lifestyle change that you can live with. You must indulge in s few things you love as a reward for cleaning up the majority of your bad habits. This doesn't mean the all you can eat buffet but you dont have to eat like a rabbit the rest of your life either. Pick your favorite unhealthy food or drink and make that the reward for doing the right thing the rest of the week. My weakness is beer. I would rather drink the calories than eat them. I have some beer on the weekend and during the week I watch my portions and eat something healthy. I am at the gym four nights a week for about 75-90 minutes. I am not ripped because of the beer and I know that but I  wouldn't be happy with out some import brew. So I sacrifice my ab six pack for some imported six packs and its all good. My point is you cannot ignore something you truly enjoy like pizza or whatever but you can use it as a reward for other changes that will add up to less weight and a healthier lifestyle. Another tip - for fat burn a fast walk or treadmill will pull the calories off the fastest. Sit ups can actually make your abs underneath the fat bigger and dont burn the calories an full body weight exercise can. I get asked about this at the gym allot. You cannot target where the weight comes off with a specific exercise, it doesn't work that way. Get on the treadmill to burn it off. Fast walk not a run does it.
Weight management is tough and takes commitment. Just dont let a slip turn into a permanent slide and you will be fine.

You have taken a vital first step right here on this forum by telling friends about your goals and even sharing photos. This puts pressure on you to live up to your goals. Most people will let themselves down quietly before being embarrassed by it when others know. Don't know your situation but I know I wouldn't stand a chance without a gym membership. Cold weather not a factor inside the gym. Most people make radical changes like crash diets that they cannot sustain for the long haul. This is a mistake. Yes you always want to drop weight fast but the main thing is that the weight stay off. This is done with a lifestyle change that you can live with. You must indulge in s few things you love as a reward for cleaning up the majority of your bad habits. This doesn't mean the all you can eat buffet but you dont have to eat like a rabbit the rest of your life either. Pick your favorite unhealthy food or drink and make that the reward for doing the right thing the rest of the week. My weakness is beer. I would rather drink the calories than eat them. I have some beer on the weekend and during the week I watch my portions and eat something healthy. I am at the gym four nights a week for about 75-90 minutes. I am not ripped because of the beer and I know that but I wouldn't be happy with out some import brew. So I sacrifice my ab six pack for some imported six packs and its all good. My point is you cannot ignore something you truly enjoy like pizza or whatever but you can use it as a reward for other changes that will add up to less weight and a healthier lifestyle. Another tip - for fat burn a fast walk or treadmill will pull the calories off the fastest. Sit ups can actually make your abs underneath the fat bigger and dont burn the calories an full body weight exercise can. I get asked about this at the gym allot. You cannot target where the weight comes off with a specific exercise, it doesn't work that way. Get on the treadmill to burn it off. Fast walk not a run does it.
Weight management is tough and takes commitment. Just dont let a slip turn into a permanent slide and you will be fine.
Thanks bro!
winkold.gif
My problem is I hate the gym, the last time I had a membership, I barely used it, but it LOVED using my bank account. lol I'm trying to get back into my kickbag training I was doing. I use to work out on it 1 1/2 hours a night... but that was 3 yrs ago. It was a good cardio workout though. Kept my heart pumping, and my sweat rolling.

That lil slip up you speak of did turn into a slide for me. After my failed engagement that was made quite public on here by me I slid deep into a regression and gained about 60lbs over bout 10-11 months. It was a very very hard time for me with what she was puttin me through, sayin she was prego n then she "took care of the problem" as she put it. Literally destroyed me and now i'm finally clear of all those demons and I think I can rectify the problems I have physically.

Back