Project truck advice needed

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I got a 69 f250 Camper Special from a friend who was swapping in a 302 from a 89 Crown Vic. (We traded projects) Basically, the wiring harness is figured out, just need to mount the ECU somewhere, run the wires to it, and bolt everything back together. My question is, where do yall suggest mounting the ECU? Preferably where I won't have to cut the wires to extend them. Is it ok to mount under the hood on the inner fender? Should I run it in the cab through the fire wall? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ive messed with alot of 5.0 mustangs. i wouldnt mount it under the hood, they dont really like moisture from my experience. i would find someplace in the cab, maybe under the dash.

i had a 71 f100, if i believe same body style, just bigger.....the glove box is pretty big in the truck, thoughts?? just drill a whole and run it through, maybe..

If there is room, I would mount it behind the instrument cluster or behind the glove box on the firewall. Might make it easy to drill a hole and use a grommet to get the harness back in the engine compartment.

The Ecu should be inside away from the elements!

Thanks all, I kinda figured that, but another friend of mine said it would be ok cause the connections are waterproof. I didn't really think so, but figured I'd make sure. Now to find a way to get it in the cab and mounted...

i had a 71 f100, if i believe same body style, just bigger.....the glove box is pretty big in the truck, thoughts?? just drill a whole and run it through, maybe..

Thinking I might just go through the factory grommet in the middle of the fire wall and mount it where the radio is, and get a headliner with stereo pocket and speakers from LMC truck.

Back