Question: CKP-sensor wire/Gipro X-type gear indicator

eeroolli

Registered
CKP-sensor wire (pickup coil) + Gipro X-type gear indicator

I bought new smaller gear display Gipro X-type + GPX-S01 wire harness to my Hyabusa 2004 and now coupling question:
Should be connected lead the series three-pin plug should be the speed sensor connection between that i found near the radiators expansion tank.
But also should be connected one Gipros cable to CKP sensor (Pickup Coil) green-colored wire.
Where can I find that wire or a suitable mount point?
(Is it good places under the petrol tank or if there are a suitable location this wire near to the ECU).

So, where i am looking that CKP Sensor (Pickup Coil) green wire???

Last edited:
My Busa have now Gipro X-type and its look very good :)
I also install Speedohealer V.4 and now Busa show right and actual speed too (-10.8% correct / sprockets are front 16 teeth and rear 40 teeth).
Everything works well now and after few tips to install Gipro X + GPX-S01 wiring harness and Speedohealer V.4 same time:

I connect Gipro harness to Speed sensors male and Gipro male to Speedohealers female and Speedohealers male to Busas speed sensor female.
And Gipro X-type gear displays black with green stripe wire to Busas CKP-sensors green wire.

Notice! This right busas green wire is after CKP-sensor connector coupling.
Busas CKP-sensors wireharnes come from Magneto with alternator wires (bikes left side) and this colors first are green and blue.
After coupling (connector before Ecu) wires colors change CKP-sensors blue wire change to green (= this is right wire where Gipros black wire with green stripes have to connect) and CKP-sensors green wire changed to white. But this wire can connect near to ECU and this green wire goes to ECU right side connector.

Last edited:
Not sure I follow what you're saying, but it sounds like you got it sorted.

How about some pics.

:welcome: to the .oRg!

Resurrecting and old thread...

Picked up the SH and GIpro X-Type from Pashnit. Had a hard time finding the Signal Generator wire. As mentioned above, you trace the blue and green wires from the generator. Where it meets the connector, two wires green and white go into the wiring harness (and then to the ecu).

You need to connect the loose green/black wire on the GPX harness to the green wire closest to the ECU (not the green wire from the pickup coil).

Hope this helps the next person in line! :beerchug:

Back