problems

supabusa

Registered
I have a 06 busa and currently broke the drive chain twice. It wasn't even the master link. The second time it broke, it broke alot of other stuff. One of which was the clutch push rod inside of the sprocket cover. Infact part of it is still inside of the engine about 1/4" in. Its stuck and won't budge. Help Please.javascript:emoticon('
AAAssjani.gif
')
smilie
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

A couple of silly questions here - but first, welcome.
Okay - You said the chain broke twice. Where did it brake and how did you fix it? Also, what damage occured the first time?

It broke at about the 8th link from the master. Shearing the pins of the link. I bought a new master link and used the proper tool to "mushroom" the link correctly. Nothing happen the first time except for a small nick in the rear cowl. This time it broke the sprocket cover, the shifter cover, waterpump cover, and broke the clutch rod into about three pieces. I was running about 12 m.p.h. both times. On the same road about 10 miles from home.

Are you running the correct size chain? 530.
Are your sprockets good or are they missing teeth?

12 mph! How are you doing this much damage at 12 miles per hour?

Got any pics? Right now I'm looking at the BS flag and wondering...

I'd say you're lucky it happened at 12 and not 120, and that you're not covered because you repaired the chain.

Just my $.02 - hope I'm wrong.

I've got 10k miles on my 06 - I'm buying a new chain tomorrow after reading this thread.

Either way welcome - and good luck.

So I say that 12mph is
post-6-21623-animatedCrap.gif

Save up some money to split the case if you aren't BSing us.

And lets scrap the chain this time.

When you tighten your chain make sure the rim is not crooked. Don't go too tight either. A loose chain is better than one that is too tight.

note to self: never use a chain that has already broken
all_coholic.gif

NO B.S. I was running 12 m.p.h.. Full Throttle dumping the clutch for a wheelie. Probly need to contact Suzuki to see if they tell me something different than my dealer.

check the area where the bearing sits for the shift shaft and make sure it's not cracked,if so you will need cases,a great machine shop and welder or new motor...lmk if i can help.I carry the Oh Shoot my chain broke kit that has all those broken parts you mentioned in stock..I hope you didn't have a 15 tooth tooth sprocket on there.....I have cases and complete motors in stock ready to ship.

(supabusa @ Dec. 15 2006,08:37) NO B.S. I was running 12 m.p.h.. Full Throttle dumping the clutch for a wheelie. Probly need to contact Suzuki to see if they tell me something different than my dealer.
OH WELL THAT'S "OK THEN" You sound like a few truck drivers i deal with at the job! "Edit" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok sorry i'm having another postal attack here!  
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

beerchug.gif

firedevil.gif
all_coholic.gif

bowdown.gif

And its a good thing it did break! Just think what would happen if it held up! [/Quote]
Yea,no s hit...full throttle and clutch dump..... I would have loved to see that!!
laugh.gif

Back