Chain broke have clutch push rod problem

radupanait

Registered
So saturday night my master link broke, chain whiped around and broke my clutch push rod, in three pieces. One of the pieces is stuck on the engine side, anybody have any clue how i can get it out without damaging that seal. I realy need to have it ready for the track by friday, I drove 12 hours to race these people and they want a good show. Its a realy stupid problem, but some how I have a fealing its worse then it looks. let me know if you need any pictures or additional info.

THANKS

Leave bike on kickstand,remove left and right lower,pull sprocket cover on left & clutch cover on right,pull 6 bolts out pressure plate,then that will open the right side up,now get a wire clothes hanger or thin piece of rod,push from left to right and push center star rod out and broken piece will come out just keep pushing,replace parts and get back to racing...

PS...hope damage didn't get water pump,shift shaft cover,shift shaft arm and dowel where bearing sits in case....if you see slightest evidence of more damage fix it right...I keep all parts in hand to do these repairs gonna post a kit up with all needed on my site soon..

Here is diagram so you can print it and see what you got while on the ground fixing it..

Good Luck

clutch.jpg

thanks, managed to get it out, but the seal is still messed up, managed to fix it just for the track. now that didnt hold (no big surprise) and now i need to change the seal. How do i do that.

If you are talking about the seal in the pic, the consensus is the motor has to come out and the cases split to install the seal.

Clutch rod seal.JPG

Before you pull the motor try this. Take a bodymans slide hammer and fit a sheet metal screw to the end (collet). Drill 2 very ( I mean very) small holes in the seal 180 degrees apart. Screw the sheet metal screw into the hole. Mount the collet of the slide hammer on the screw. Pull on the slidehammer to take any slack out and slide the weight (hammer) part back against it's stop and see if that doesn't do the trick. Make sure you evenly pull the seal. I've used this before on several seals and it has always worked. WEardie

The seal is captured in a grove. The slidehammer technique won't work on that seal like it will on an output shaft seal or crank seal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Before you pull the motor try this. Take a bodymans slide hammer and fit a sheet metal screw to the end (collet). Drill 2 very ( I mean very) small holes in the seal 180 degrees apart. Screw the sheet metal screw into the hole. Mount the collet of the slide hammer on the screw. Pull on the slidehammer to take any slack out and slide the weight (hammer) part back against it's stop and see if that doesn't do the trick. Make sure you evenly pull the seal. I've used this before on several seals and it has always worked. WEardie

:rofl:

GC to the rescue.:thumbsup:

hey, i got 05 busa w same prblm, got evrything bck tgether, but outr sprocket cover that holds pushrod wont pull up flush:go against engine all the way: whatsa matter? the pshrod doesnt go in but about 1/4 inch ,rite???????

hey, i got 05 busa w same prblm, got evrything bck tgether, but outr sprocket cover that holds pushrod wont pull up flush:go against engine all the way: whatsa matter? the pshrod doesnt go in but about 1/4 inch ,rite???????

Pull the clutch lever and hold it in while you push the cover back on. I just had this same problem today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Goldenchild stated... go through the clutch side, remove the clutch cover and the pressure plate. Remove the clutch push piece and push the push rod through with a screw driver. Sorry to say that you may have to replace the clutch push rod seal.

Back