Chain broke and put a hole in engine!!!!

Get a copy of the warranty that states that they don't cover the chain
wink.gif
+1 RICH ME BROTHER............. I know of two bikes that this has happened to...
one was a Suzuki..... the other a Honda... and they were both covered under the warranty..

The other road which I think may not be a bad idea.. is the chain manufacturer them selves..
surely this must have a warranty to cover a certain amount of miles on it.

But 05busa............. I'm sure you are really cheesed off about this as it is..

But at least try babusa suggestion try and get a copy of the warranty stating it doesn't cover the chain..

Welcome to the club. Suzuki will not warranty anything to do with chain failure. They stand by the adage that the chain is more than strong enough to withstand thousands of miles under normal usage. Key phrase NORMAL.

Well the problem is their definition of normal usage is completely different from yours and mine. Unfortunately you will get no where with them so take it in the shorts and get your bike fixed and trust me you are not the first or the only person that has had to deal with this problem.

I agree with loboboy...no point in arguing at this point.. but I am still going to dispute it through the credit card... It says if the quality of goods purchased is not as described and you have tried in good faith to have it corrected by the merchant than you may not have to pay the remaining balance " so, im gonna try it and see , otherwise i'll just deal with it!! Thanks for all ya'lls input and just so it's out there the chain company warranties the chain for 20K miles!!!

If your mechanically inclined I bet it won't cost you $500 to fix it yourself...call me if you want someone to walk you thru the repair if it'sa just minor..
This is a fine example of the customer service you will recieve when dealing with Cloud Nine Motorsports (Golden Child).

For aftermarket,OEM, and used parts call................
goldenchild.jpg

Your No# 1 in my book, Daniel !  
super.gif

super.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143988788 -->

super.gif

holy shibbit batman...i would take that busted chain and reeducate the dealer till he squeals...comp!!!!!

the key is to try and find some salvagable casses to replace yours. Once you mod a bike it gives a dealer the excuse to not warranty the bike. I tell everyone that as soon as you mod your bike to get an aftermarket billet sprocket/clutch support. In your case it's an after thought... sorry man!

I did the same thing on a 750 Honda punched to 836. Chain went through the case. destroying the upper and lower. cost me about8 Bucks to fix it using a Busch Beer can and the Epoxy liquid weld. never leaked or cracked.. Good thing it worked because I broke a chain again about 1 year later.. New Beer can and ready to go again.. LOL

i did the same thing on my busa about a year ago...In fact the my fix was about this.

new Chain....$110
New cover from bikebandit.com.....$75 or so
new clutch pin thingy....$8...
couple new bolts....dont ask...$3-4

Back