Chain broke and put a hole in engine!!!!

05busa628

Registered
The chain broke on my 05 busa, still under warranty, and it put a hole in the engine case, warranty won't cover it... what to do next??

i want to know why warranty wont cover is it aftermarket chai? what did they say. something isnt right on this. let me guess rider fault not the bike

I'm nearly sure warranty should cover it. A friend of mine had the same thing happened to his bike 05 GSXR1000.
With the stock chain. That came on the bike.... The bike had 3000 miles on it. When the chain decided it had enough. And it was covered under warranty.

As Far, as I know on this side of the pond... Not sure if it will apply to you guys.... They warranty the chain for 5000 miles.

Of course, it must be the stock chain that came on the bike..

I wish you the best of luck trying to sort this out.

The chain broke on my 05 busa, still under warranty, and it put a hole in the engine case, warranty won't cover it... what to do next??
You might want to give us ALL the facts if your looking for some help from us
wink.gif

You might want to give us ALL the facts if your looking for some help from us
wink.gif
+1 somethng does not sound right . If in fact it is 05 still under warranty and stock chain broke then they should pay. BUT if you changed swing arms extended or did something to the chain then no..

The bike is a 2005 Hayabusa, 3000k miles on it, stock chain, no swingarm extension, no abuse, no nothing. They didnt even look at the bike before saying they wouldn't pay then I called Suzuki and they say the same thing.. If this has ever happened to you please let me know, maybe your info will help me get this covered!! Thanks!!

The bike is a 2005 Hayabusa, 3000k miles on it, stock chain, no swingarm extension, no abuse, no nothing. They didnt even look at the bike before saying they wouldn't pay then I called Suzuki and they say the same thing.. If this has ever happened to you please let me know, maybe your info will help me get this covered!! Thanks!!
Had you adjusted the chain yourself and gotten it too tight causing it to snap? I wonder if that's their thinking?

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143599231 -->

I had the 600 mile service done and I check it before I ride it everytime just to be sure... it's insane to me that they said no.. now I have an 11K dollar lawn ornament!

Did you call the customer service # for your warranty and do you have the extended one
rock.gif

I had the 600 mile service done and I check it before I ride it everytime just to be sure... it's insane to me that they said no.. now I have an 11K dollar lawn ornament!
Why is this insane to you ? Have you not ever seen the rest of us get screwed by Suzuki on the 2nd gear going bad ? They won't cover that either. I'll never buy another new Suzuki again. Gonna save some cash for mods and buy used.
cool.gif

Suzuki's warranty system sucks !

going to purchase the extended warranty, but i'm having second thoughts, looks like there's no point in that! Yes, I called customer service , he only new five words " we don't cover the chain " but thats not the point, the point is the chain had to have been defective for it to break this early, I just found out that the chain company warranties the chain for 20K miles!! What the F***!!!

going to purchase the extended warranty, but i'm having second thoughts, looks like there's no point in that! Yes, I called customer service , he only new five words " we don't cover the chain " but thats not the point, the point is the chain had to have been defective for it to break this early, I just found out that the chain company warranties the chain for 20K miles!! What the F***!!!
If the chain is adjusted too tight, you can break a brand NEW one...did you take the bike in to the dealer?

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143606064 -->

talked to the dealer today, they say because the bike doesn't have mirrors and has a soft drag-type tire on the back and the exhaust had the baffles removed that they think it was used as a drag bike and thats why they won't cover it... even after I argued that the bike hasn't ever seen the dragstrip and that I took the mirrors off because they were ugly.... it didn't matter.. but the good news is it's going to cost about 1,000 dollars to be fixed!! I was expecting way more than that.. I'm still going to dispute the amount I financed on my credit card... maybe I'll get some money back that way... i also called Suzuki myself and they only new 5 words...." we don't cover the chain" thats all they said over and over again!!!

talked to the dealer today, they say because the bike doesn't have mirrors and has a soft drag-type tire on the back and the exhaust had the baffles removed that they think it was used as a drag bike and thats why they won't cover it... even after I argued that the bike hasn't ever seen the dragstrip and that I took the mirrors off because they were ugly.... it didn't matter.. but the good news is it's going to cost about 1,000 dollars to be fixed!! I was expecting way more than that.. I'm still going to dispute the amount I financed on my credit card... maybe I'll get some money back that way... i also called Suzuki myself and they only new 5 words...." we don't cover the chain"  thats all they said over and over again!!!
ok, there you have it ! Next time, tell tha whole story up front !
mad.gif

Get a copy of the warranty that states that they don't cover the chain
wink.gif

If your mechanically inclined I bet it won't cost you $500 to fix it yourself...call me if you want someone to walk you thru the repair if it'sa just minor..

Well now, that's just a pain in the ads.....
Suzuki says they don't cover the chain??.
It would be interesting to know exactly what Suzuki cover on their
motorcycle.
So, it obviously at the dealers discretion, what exactly they cover in their warranty.

I mean, what's the point in forking out a load of extra cash for an extended warranty.
If in the end they going to find some way of wiggling out of doin the repairs...

Back