Chain Broke and left part of clutch rod in motor

dennis72184

Registered
So I snapped my chain with broke the gear shift selector housing and snapped the clutch rod release thing that goes in the sprocket cover. The issue is have is still in the rubber seal in the motor, any idea hoe to get it out???

The case has to be split to get to the seal that surrounds the clutch pushrod.

Your best hope is that the seal is not damaged so you can leave it in place.

Demnnis get a smaal magnet and slide thru seal or you can pull clutch cover,remove pressure plate and use magnet to fish it out the center.I have parts if you need to fix it.

Would it work to pull the sprocket cover, and the housing and pull the clutch lever to try and pop it out without removing anything?

Would it work to pull the sprocket cover, and the housing and pull the clutch lever to try and pop it out without removing anything?
NO,remember when you pull lever it pushes from left to right to disengage clutch.If it didn't break off way up in seal it can be gotten with magnet or small needle nose...

If seal is damaged after fixing it,I got a easy fix for you without spliting cases.

Dennis,

I did not read your message correctly. GoldenChild is telling you right. I though you were trying to get the seal out.

Daniel, What is the fix for the damaged seal. I remember someone talking about building something some time back......

I tried to get it with small needlr nose but couldn't get it around the rod since it is pushed into the seal about a 1/4 inch. I tried a small magnet but it didn't pull it out, I don't think it was strong enough. What is the seal fix by awkward chance it is damaged, although just looking at it it looks fine.

Pull off the clutch cover and pressure plate and use a metal hanger or welding rod to push it out from the clutch side.

Back