Problems with front suspension or forks?

Why does it sound like a damper or tire problem to me...

One side turns in with confidence and the other loose, ???

Have the front tire balance checked. it may have moved on the rim or been damaged structurally while transporting.

I had the dealer check the forks. So I don't know exactly what they did.

I will post a picutre soon as i can.

I did ride it to work to word today paying attention to exactly what is is doing. The bars don't wiggle from left to right, however, the forks seem to wobble up and down a lot. That is when the bike start to feel unstable.

The only time they wiggle left to right is when i'm accelerating, then let off the throttle.

OK
You may have lost some fluid from one of the forks (or both)
Before you take them apart, try and set up the suspension, as Jinkster describes, and that will help narrow this down.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/89876-jinkster-attacks-suspension.html
If your compression and rebound are out of wack, that will act as you described.

Check your steering head bearings for play and proper torque. These bearings get a lot of stress put on them to hold the bike upright when strapped down on a trailer and could have developed some slop. Relatively easy to check and adjust. I'd start with this. The symptoms match with the problem starting when you had it on the trailer.

Check your steering head bearings for play and proper torque. These bearings get a lot of stress put on them to hold the bike upright when strapped down on a trailer and could have developed some slop. Relatively easy to check and adjust. I'd start with this. The symptoms match with the problem starting when you had it on the trailer.

I think i would check here first also....Good info bike dude :beerchug:

If this checks out ok, i would proceed with what Mike1180(ALSO GREAT INFO)has suggested......
To me it does sound like something is out of tune(meaning suspention) JMHO, but just because the dealer "SAID" they checked something......doesnt always mean they did, or did it right for that matter! :banghead: I would start back at "A" and work your way to "Z", but like Mike mentioned, test ride after EVERY step to see if what you did improved anything. :beerchug:

+3, I had a bike with a similar problem in my shop. Everything I thought was wrong was checked out fine. The front end had no play in it, and seemed fine. When I removed the front wheel, I was finally able to feel the nochiness in the stem bearings.

When I removed the bearings, they felt and looked fine as did the races. After the new ones were installed, the bike rode perfect.

Tony

Cool guys,

Thanks for all your help. I won't be bale to try anything until this weekend.

But I will let you know how it works out.

may not be any different than when you left home... road type could be an issue or you just have a different feel for the bike... I know there are days my bike feels off too, not a thing wrong, just me..

Ok here is the update. Its a sad one though. Well i didn't have time to work on it myself so i took it in again. I asked them to check the things which you guys said. Well they gave it back to me and said there was nothing they could find. The tech however did say there was something up with it when he rode it. So i don't get it. I argued a bit saying if the tech says there is something up with it, then how come you can't fix it?
well thay ended up not charging me for the so called 1 1/2 hours of work.

soo.. i ended up trading it in for another bike. I really did enjoyed my hayabusa, but I just can't ride a bike that I don't trust. It ran so perfect before I trailored it. don't know what exactly happened when I did. I ended up getting a Buell Firebolt. Hopefully it will bring me as much enjoyment as the Hayabusa did.

Back