Problem after adjusting Minor/Major...

busahaya

SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
So yesterday I decided to adjust my throttle cables, both Minor/Major adjustments to specs from what the Shop Manual recommends and for some strange reason I had a hard time starting the Busa... It would just turn over, no starting whatsoever. Ok, so I figured I'd give it a minute or so, then I'm off to try and start her up again and BAM, she backfired on me. The Busa has never done this before, she also did it again later on in the evening while on my way to school. I'm concerned, anybody have any pointers for me?
Keep in mind the only mods I have on her is a Yoshi-Tri Oval dual tip exhaust, pair valve block off plates, PC3R with a base map (no custom map as of yet) and a K&N air filter.

TIA

Nelson

Have you had your throttle bodies synched lately?
You think that might have something to do with it? I just had the 15k mile service done on her almost a month and a half ago. I am however skeptical that the stealership performed the throttle bodies synched.

I suspected that the TPS was off on the PC3R, so I went ahead and resetted the TPS on the PC3R. Instead of showing 0% "Closed Throttle" it was showing something like 57% "Closed Throttle". We'll see how that goes, hopefully that should take care of the Backfiring at start-up. I'll keep you Ladies & Gents posted...

Back