Running problem after PAIR mod

djb3nj1

Registered
HI ALL :)

I'm new so pleased to be on here with fellow busa pilots.

I've just completed the PAIR mod with the brocks mod kit, and a full service inc change to iridium plugs which i gap measured and now she wont start,:banghead: all vacuum pipes etc are connected, I have isolated the problem to a MAP sensor: when I unplug the vacuum line (electical plug still attached) the bike starts and runs at idle until I twist the throttle and it dies, when the map/IAP sensor vacuum is connected, the bike will not idle just turns over-burbles-coughs and dies.

She is a 2000 (Y) K&N Scorpion race cans.

again new here so trying to get pics and info of her asap.

Thank you :)

:welcome: to the oRg. :thumbsup:

You need to double chk your work and make sure everything is connected and that no fuel lines are kinked, etc. Outside of that I've been told not to check the gap on iridium plugs because gauges will damage the electrode. The gap comes set so I never less with them. So you might be pulling those new plugs if everything else checks out.

:welcome: to the board regarding the iridium plugs they are already gapped no need to touch them good luck with your bike :thumbsup:

Cool, I will take it all to bits again(hey why not its sunny outside. :) Thank you very much for the welcome

Double check your lines and plug the airbox with a nipple where your house was running from the pair valve. Had the same issue when I did the mod.

I've just checked the hoses all seems correct, the brocks kit came with a block off nipples for the throttle body hose and the air box. the issue seems to be around the map sensor vacuum......... to be honest i dont understand why it will start with the vacuum hose off ?? the bike was running rich prior to mod, not sure what previous owners have done aside the k&N and the race cans, according to the manual all hose's are correct. :banghead: :banghead: is there a diagram or something as to how the hoses should be for it aside the haynes (which is wrong sometimes).

Hi all problem fixed, had a nose through one of the sponsors page, found a blue print/exploded diagram. I reviewed my assembly of the fuel pump, and she runs fine now.

Mega thanks for the welcome and advice :) :bowdown:

Back