Intake Air Pressure Sensor (04 Busa)

stevew

Registered
Just changed my plugs tonight...bike runs fine until I re-connect the Intake Air Pressure sensor, and then it dies, won't hold an idle and runs like crap.  Vacuum hose is connected as before...if I leave the sensor disconnected, all is fine but the FI light stays on (bad thing)....anyone have a thought on this one?  I don't believe it would work well for me or the bike leaving the sensor disconnected!
mad.gif

double check everything it sounds like you left something unhooked. Actually it should be the other way around, when the IAPS is unhooked it should not start. I know I forgot to hook mine up after a throttle boddy sync and the bike would not start at all, so I would double check everything under the air box and make sure it is connected.

I am having same issue after a medical fiasco that tried really hard to kill me. I got the fuel system de-rusted and it is finally running. Except for this EXACT same problem you had. As soon as I connect the sensor vac line it sputters and dies. I have not seen a front vacuum line to air box during all my
times having the box in my hands etc. But I'll go look for 1 now

I am having same issue after a medical fiasco that tried really hard to kill me. I got the fuel system de-rusted and it is finally running. Except for this EXACT same problem you had. As soon as I connect the sensor vac line it sputters and dies. I have not seen a front vacuum line to air box during all my
times having the box in my hands etc. But I'll go look for 1 now
2004 busa also

Well I blocked the open hole under front of airbox and still same. Bike starts and runs but dies if I connect the IAPS (screwed to back of airbox Gen1 2004) to the hose that runs between throttle body 2 &3. All ways to airbox/vacuum are blocked. Bike will start only with IAPS hose disconected, which is confusing as I have the PAIR mod so the vacuum tube coming from front to the throttle bodies is also blocked. Could it be just a blockage in the throttle bodies vacuum? Ill see about checking that out and advise.

ANY advice as to why the bike dies once connecting the IAPS hose to the sensor is beyond apprreciated.

Mine is still same. 1 reply cited he changed injectors and solved his. I already tried replacement injectors but same. I have a 3rd set (original, replacement, and replacements for the replacements that I'll do today and repost. I have no other ideas

Back