Had a problem over the weekend

edubb1971

Registered
Went out riding over the weekend with some friends. All of a sudden bike starts to jerk a little, and back fire. So then the FI light starts flashing.

So I pull over and disconnect the PC3r and put back to stock, bike has been riding fine for the rest of the weekend also starts a little easier now too.

I've had this happen before but it just stopped and never did it again til now. So here's my questions

Bad power commander or bad map?

Here is some history on the bike.

I bout the bike used it had the pc3r on it, a tre, and slip on 2 bros. Ran fine the whole time with that set up. I changed to the Full evo,and put the arko map on and it started doing this out of nowhere and then just stopped. I later had the NOS installed and had a custom map tune for the dry set up. Ran great last year and this year until now. Just looking for a place to start, i'm still riding just on the stock set up.

And that feels so different with out the map, I feel slow
laugh.gif

try reinstalling the map and when was the last time the plugs where changed?

Call Powercommander, and they will tell you what to look for!
But one thing to check, is your ground wire for the PC, on the negitive terminal of the battery, or do you have it grounded somewhere else.
If its not hooked wright to the battery, i've seen some wierd problems from time to time. So do that first and see how it works!

(GIXERHP @ Aug. 28 2007,18:19) Call Powercommander, and they will tell you what to look for!
But one thing to check, is your ground wire for the PC, on the negitive terminal of the battery, or do you have it grounded somewhere else.
If its not hooked wright to the battery, i've seen some wierd problems from time to time. So do that first and see how it works!
I will check the ground when I get home, I know it's not on the battery.
Thanks john

(edubb1971 @ Aug. 28 2007,18:24)
(GIXERHP @ Aug. 28 2007,18:19) Call Powercommander, and they will tell you what to look for!
I will check the ground when I get home, I know it's not on the battery.
Thanks john
Not a problem!
super.gif

check the ground and it is on the battery. So i called powercommander, and they recommend that I try a zero map and see if it does it again. If it does I have an issue with the PC and if it doesn't it would be the map. I leaning more to the PC as it has done this with different maps.

Back