Power commander hard start problem

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
I was having problems every time to start the bike,I did the tbsync, changed spark plugs and still the bike was a pain in the arse to get it started. last night I removed the pc3r and now the bike start with no problems. what can be the problem? bad mapping?

I f I remember right, the PC actually delays mapping a couple of seconds so the bike should be at zero, or stock mapping at startup. It could be that the map you're using is too rich and is fouling the plugs a little, which could make for a hard start. I'm not sure about the delay but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere....

no doubt, the bike without the pc3r start and smell a lot better, I always notice that fuel smell and I thought that i had a fuel leak, but it is the pc3 messing up my bike. my bike have the brock hindle full system, K&N air filter and brock air box mod, what will happen if I run the bike with no PC3r? will mess anything?

There are a couple of Busas here that run aftermarket exhaust and no PCs, and they run very well, but with the airbox mod and the K&N, the bike might be a little lean. What map were you running?

I'm no expert, but I would throw the PC back on and have someone map your bike.
all_coholic.gif

Brock provided me with 2 maps. One was a Street map and the other a track map. I used the Track map for the first couple of days until I notice a much higher fuel consumption and the bike was getting harder and harder to start. I switch to the Street map they provided and fuel economy went up and it starts really easy.

I say you have a bad map. Write Brock and tell him your problem. I had my maps within 2 hours.

Back