Problem#1, Bike is slipping/skipping upon accelera

C_Henry

Registered
When i get in it, its slipping kinda like its skipping teeth on one of the sprockets.Not a smooth slip like with bad clutches.
1. I changed my oil, and went synthetic Mobile1 mx4t.
2. I changed the back sprocket to a 42. While doing this the assembly came out the cush assembly. It all looked tha same, and the book didn't say there was a special way to put it back in so i just stuck it back in there.

Are my clutches bad, or is this something else ?

As long as your rubbers weren't worn or twisted, and you replaced them tit side down, they should be okay. Can you describe the symptoms any better?

You didn't install a turbo while you were in there, did you? That might cause some slippage.
smile.gif

Your oil choice shouldn't cause a problem. Look at the cush drive, but it would pretty much have to be busted internally to slip. How's the chain adjustment?

the rubbers never came out of the hub. its a notching slip, not a smooth slip. I really wonder if its the clutches or, the syn oil. I have about 32 passes on the original clutches at tha track. is it time
rock.gif

Were you having any slippage prior to this work???And if your making hard pulls you want your change snug...

No, no problems at all for days after these mods. No problems til this weekend with all that stop and go traffic at 7/11. the motor was hot as hell.Mabey the heat went ahead and took out some clutches that were all ready close to being bad ? Stunnah, We were in bumper to bumper traffic for atleast 1hr and a half. I never knew the motor could run that hot and the temp gauge was just above the middle notch. but that fan ran like hell the whole time.

You guys don't suppose the slipping and the 'skipping teeth' sound/feeling is the infamous second gear problem raising its ugly head once again, do you? This IS an '05 after all - the plagued bikes seem to be '04 and '05...

Just a thought.

Is this what you are talking about? Watch this movie
You can't see it in the video but the bike feels like it skips a tooth on the sprocket, which of course is'nt possible without destroying your stuff, or the clutch slips. It happen's in 2nd gear and the bike lurches with a rise in RPM's. My bike is doing this more and more now in 2nd gear and not sure what I am going to have to do to fix. JohnnyCheese said he thought it was slipping out of 2nd and back into 1st. Could be and I have tried more possitive shifts but doesn't seem to help.
AAAssjani.gif

Sorry forgot to mention. It is in the beginning of the clip and happens in 2nd gear. I just shift right through it emediately.
smile.gif

Another interesting thought. I don't recall this happening until I switched to Synthetic oil either, Silkolene pro4.
rock.gif

You guys don't suppose the slipping and the 'skipping teeth' sound/feeling is the infamous second gear problem raising its ugly head once again, do you?  This IS an '05 after all - the plagued bikes seem to be '04 and '05...

Just a thought.
Mines and 03'
Uh, yeah that's nice, but I was talking about C_Henry's bike which is an '05.
wink.gif

As I recall, in the other crap tranny thread you had already determined that your problem wasn't the second gear issue, but rather, just not making a positive enough shift. Could be wrong, just my recollection...

hmm, I'll have to check which gears. thats a thought.
Didn't want to head into that but it is a possiblity...It shouldn't be slipping in 1st but more than likely in 2nd maybe 3rd...Roll on from say 50mph in 2nd and observe what the bike does...If it slips or feels like it has dead spots in the accelleration then its probably the gear...

No, no problems at all for days after these mods. No problems til this weekend with all that stop and go traffic at 7/11. the motor was hot as hell.Mabey the heat went ahead and took out some clutches that were all ready close to being bad ? Stunnah, We were in bumper to bumper traffic for atleast 1hr and a half. I never knew the motor could run that hot and the temp gauge was just above the middle notch. but that fan ran like hell the whole time.
Check the blades on the fan to make sure they didn't melt...

Back