Cush drive rubber going out

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
For a bit now I have experienced something close to my chain slipping. I know what a slipping chain feels and sounds like. So this is not the chase.

Usually its in 1-3 gear when I can feel the stuff happening. The power from the chain seems to 'Lag' and then play catch up which makes the bike studder or skip.

I have been forgetting to order a new Cush rubber for quite a few tire changes ago. It was demonstrated that my Cush rubber was worn out, you could see the 'play' or travel upon spinning the wheel while the brakes are applied. Same result as we just moved the Cush rubber inside its seat.

Does this sound like a problem with the Cush? This has been suggested.

If you need some by chance, just shoot me your address because I've got about 2 sets of them lying around. No charge, just helping a fellow brotha out.

mine was bad at 1-2 had 20k on mine
SHOCKED.gif

Mine having a half an inch play between sprocket assy. and the rear wheels...
crazy.gif
just hit the 15k on it...
pissed.gif

(bacharles @ Mar. 05 2007,00:56) If you need some by chance, just shoot me your address because I've got about 2 sets of them lying around. No charge, just helping a fellow brotha out.
Good on ya Charles!!
beerchug.gif

even brand new...there will be a small amount of "slack" built into the assembly.
if you can move it nearly 1/2" then yeah...it's prolly shot.

grab the rear sprocket and push/pull the hub to see how much is present...then walk into any dealer and compare with a bike on the floor.

as a rule of thumb, at how many miles should the cush drive rubbers be replaced? i just hit 13k on mine this past weekend, and have the originals. I have not noticed any slipping or play, but thats not to say that it isnt there. If you all think 13k is time to replace, or will need it very soon, i guess that i will be needing a set.

(badassbusa03 @ Mar. 05 2007,15:20) as a rule of thumb, at how many miles should the cush drive rubbers be replaced? i just hit 13k on mine this past weekend, and have the originals. I have not noticed any slipping or play, but thats not to say that it isnt there. If you all think 13k is time to replace, or will need it very soon, i guess that i will be needing a set.
mileage means little compared to the TLC you give it.

the use/abuse it is subjected to relates to the frenquency of changes.

did anyone bother to look at the shop manual for a replacement guide?

(Gunnybusa @ Mar. 04 2007,16:12) are you sure it happens in 1 2 and 3 or just in 2.
to be honest, it does happen in 1st, but not as often as in 2nd for sure! 1st gear seems kinda rare, but for SURE 2nd gear, and maybe 3rd. What are you trying to say? I hope its just Cushy stuff
biggrin.gif

I noticed on my third tire change that they didn't fit tight like they used to. The hub fit snug at one time, now it has slop and will fall off during wheel install if you don't hold it in. Prolly time for me too at 14.3k
I'm sure it has everything to do with launches and power shots. All in the riding style of the pilot.

(bacharles @ Mar. 04 2007,15:56) If you need some by chance, just shoot me your address because I've got about 2 sets of them lying around.  No charge, just helping a fellow brotha out.
Hey thank you bacharles I did take you up on that offer, I sent you my Address in PM Thanks very much
smile.gif

I've got 6500 miles on mine and it's only about 1/4 inch play I'd guess. I'm changing sprockets and chain anyway so I'm gonna go ahead and replace 'em while I have everything apart.
cool.gif

Back