Pressure From Voo Doo Shorty

Mugga

Registered
Hey Fellow Busa Owners. I've been looking at the Voodoo Shorty slip ons and was wondering something...will the pressure or force from the exhaust while riding affect a hip hugger? Seeing that the exhaust will be sitting almost below the passenger.

Had 5 Busa's so far,just about every exhaust. Fulls,4-2,4-1,titanium,slip ons...
never had VooDoo. Why? Maybe just my opinion...they are krap. :laugh:
Pick anything else. Questions? Hit us. I've had Yoshi,HMF,HMF hi-mounts,Vance&Hines,Akra,D&D,Leo Vince,Hindle,etc in steel,aluminum,titanium,carbon bla bla blah. I got so fed up with exhaust I went this route...

Never will I ever buy another exhaust system. :laugh:
That's money in the bank pilgrims.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

A Voodoo is a cool looking pipe and I'm sure that tiny muffler is very light. If you want performance, go with Brocks or Akrapovic. 8~9 Freegin pounds for a full system + the best naturally aspirated hp you can have. Not everything for racing works well for the street but when it comes to an exhaust, follow the lead of those who race. I've not noticed any decrease in low end performance with a full system on either of my two bikes. Maybe below 3000 rpm if at all.

If you have to go with slipons, M4s are nice looking and they are light. They are not quiet. If your man concern is passenger comfort, I'm sure a highmount exhaust is what will work best.

If you don't know what you want, a cheap set of used slipons from Ebay is a good way to test them out. If you appreciate performance and weight loss, you're going to want a full system some day anyway.

A Voodoo is a cool looking pipe and I'm sure that tiny muffler is very light. If you want performance, go with Brocks or Akrapovic. 8~9 Freegin pounds for a full system + the best naturally aspirated hp you can have. Not everything for racing works well for the street but when it comes to an exhaust, follow the lead of those who race. I've not noticed any decrease in low end performance with a full system on either of my two bikes. Maybe below 3000 rpm if at all.
I made good gains,more than a few others with a Hindle full system. 8 pounds.
If you have to go with slipons, M4s are nice looking and they are light. They are not quiet. If your man concern is passenger comfort, I'm sure a highmount exhaust is what will work best.

If you don't know what you want, a cheap set of used slipons from Ebay is a good way to test them out. If you appreciate performance and weight loss, you're going to want a full system some day anyway.
Hi-mounts look cool IMO but be carefull which system U choose.(fitment issues) like some other systems as well.
Hi-mount slip-ons ? Not sure who is making them these days.
@Mugga Gen I or II.

Hi mounts on my 07. Lite,great sound,not so fun install.

09 with Vance&Hines...never see 'em. Very cool slips.

07 with Yoshi slips.Suzuki & Yoshimura the go hand n' hand.Its traditon.Good sound,fairly light.

My first exhaust mod. Gutted stock cans,that I gave a high polish to.Looked like chrome. I tuned them with Power Commander plugged into my desk top computer in the kitchen. Cord was to short to reach outside.
:laugh: Wrote my own map.Big air box mod,K&N filter,etc. Almost 20 years ago. Stock Busa has 7 painted parts.I painted that one myself. 37 painted parts. Polished everything. Too funny.
Rubb.

IMG_20130728_113934.jpg

I made good gains,more than a few others with a Hindle full system. 8 pounds.

Hi-mounts look cool IMO but be carefull which system U choose.(fitment issues) like some other systems as well.
Hi-mount slip-ons ? Not sure who is making them these days.

I heard Hindle is the actual company that makes the Brocks mufflers...maybe the headers too, IDK. Hindle was selling a pipe that looked exactly like the Alien head several years ago. I knew a guy who bought one and I think he paired it up to a Brock's header. He was happy. You'd think that dirty little secret would be out by now. Hindle is a lot less money.

No, I never heard of high mount slipons but I don't study up a whole lot on slipons in general.

I heard Hindle is the actual company that makes the Brocks mufflers...maybe the headers too, IDK. Hindle was selling a pipe that looked exactly like the Alien head several years ago. I knew a guy who bought one and I think he paired it up to a Brock's header. He was happy. You'd think that dirty little secret would be out by now. Hindle is a lot less money.

No, I never heard of high mount slipons but I don't study up a whole lot on slipons in general.
Agreed. Some folks are completely happy with slips.Lightens the load a bit,gets rid of the ugly on a Gen II. If yer chasing ponies it is yer best move to save yer bucks till u can afford a full. Some of my bikes came with slips or fulls so I never really wasted to much dough on exhaust mods.
I wouldn't bother with an exhaust upgrade for power,but I would for weight savings. Take the average motorcycle rider,are they really using all of the power they have now? If you are a serious drag race guy,yer gonna spend a lot more cash on a lot of things in addition to pipes to go faster. If U are right into the twisties,then you should not have bought a Busa.If yer a Bling King,buy what looks best to you.
Rubb.

Agreed. Some folks are completely happy with slips.Lightens the load a bit,gets rid of the ugly on a Gen II. If yer chasing ponies it is yer best move to save yer bucks till u can afford a full. Some of my bikes came with slips or fulls so I never really wasted to much dough on exhaust mods.
I wouldn't bother with an exhaust upgrade for power,but I would for weight savings. Take the average motorcycle rider,are they really using all of the power they have now? If you are a serious drag race guy,yer gonna spend a lot more cash on a lot of things in addition to pipes to go faster. If U are right into the twisties,then you should not have bought a Busa.If yer a Bling King,buy what looks best to you.
Rubb.
I could never stand owning a busa knowing it wasn't making the best power it could wether I use it or not!! It just bugged me. Of course, "the best power it could" means turbo but that's a whole new level.

Hi. Yes I just want to make a little more than stock too, lets say 5 or 6 times.
Funny bastid. :laugh:
Michael is shooting for the top in the chase for horsepower...
Prolly something like this...

Ol'Rubb likes reliability and is scared to go fast.
So I am installing this...a little lettuce and toilet paper tube to shred...
GTG. Should get outstanding MPG.
Rubb.

Funny bastid. :laugh:
Michael is shooting for the top in the chase for horsepower...
Prolly something like this...

View attachment 1623400

Ol'Rubb likes reliability and is scared to go fast.
So I am installing this...a little lettuce and toilet paper tube to shred...
GTG. Should get outstanding MPG.
Rubb.

View attachment 1623401
Hi; Rubb. I am looking at the Garret 42-1200, and a few others. I too will also add a Gerbil to help spool up the turbo at low speed

Hi; Rubb. I am looking at the Garret 42-1200, and a few others. I too will also add a Gerbil to help spool up the turbo at low speed
You will be "The cool kid on the block" "The guy everyone wants to be" "The big man on campus" I am just a wanna be G 35. :confused:
I was the kid who came over,played with all yer shi7 till it was broken,then left.
When can I come over and play with yer new turbo monster?
Oh...I'll need to camp in your yard for a few.....weeks.
@michael parris heuberger l just realized your initials are mph. That has to be your real name though because it's too hard to spell to be made up.
Cool right Mythos....:thumbsup: I have a family member named Riley Patrick M.....
"RPM"
Not the coolest name I have run across thou. Buddy in skool was born,named Harley Holmstrome. Parents divorced,Mom remarried,you guessed it,to a Mr.Davidson. He took the new name.
Harley Davidson. LOL. Tru story.
Another buddy,his name Paul Amus. Divorce,re-married,new Dads name Timothy Paul.
He did NOT take the new name. He did not become Paul Paul. LOL.
Sorry Mugga,back 2 yer thread.
Rubb.

Had 5 Busa's so far,just about every exhaust. Fulls,4-2,4-1,titanium,slip ons...
never had VooDoo. Why? Maybe just my opinion...they are krap. :laugh:
Pick anything else. Questions? Hit us. I've had Yoshi,HMF,HMF hi-mounts,Vance&Hines,Akra,D&D,Leo Vince,Hindle,etc in steel,aluminum,titanium,carbon bla bla blah. I got so fed up with exhaust I went this route...

View attachment 1623222

Never will I ever buy another exhaust system. :laugh:
That's money in the bank pilgrims.:thumbsup:
Rubb.
I was thinking voodoo bcuz of the look. I like the look of the shorty pipes.
I love the mods on your Busa. Looking Sweet.

I've never seen high mounts on a Busa before. Didn't know that was available.

Back