JINKSTERS STOCK EXHAUST TUCK MOD

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I dunno if anyones addressed this before....if so?..I don't mean to steal anyones thunder...and here goes what I did this morning...

EXMOD1.jpg

EXMOD2.jpg

EXMOD3.jpg

EXMOD4.jpg

EXMOD5.jpg

EXMOD6.jpg

EXMOD7.jpg

EXMOD8.jpg

EXMOD9.jpg

BENEFITS:

1. Greater ground clearance of the cannisters during extreme lean events.

2. A cleaner, tighter appearance.

3. No more melted passenger sole on your cannisters.

TOTAL TIME: Should take less than an hour...provided you're not snapping pix to prepare a report for the internet.

SPECIAL NOTES:

Note 1. Even with the mid-pipe exhaust clamps loosened you'll notice about 25 lbs of outward pressure as you "drop and rotate upwards" the cannister into position....at that point...carefully...without knocking your busa over...give a strong push inward on both cannisters ends..(hint: I used my knee while holding onto the grab handle)...what this did was reduced that pressure by bending the angle of the mid-pipe finger seals to re-establish the angle of the mid-pipe..then tighten the exhaust clamps "Real Tight" and fire up the bike to make certain there are no exhaust leaks...you'll hear it right away if there is.

Note 2. Even with the above finger seal angle re-established?...there should only be a couple pounds of outward pressure left on the inner side of the passenger footpeg/pipe hangers...it should demonstrate just a slight movement with slight pressure of your knee...do not tolerate excessive pressure...and if such is the case just keep loosening that mid-pipe exhaust clamp and push the cannister further and futher inboard to get the right bend angle on the finger seals.

Note 3. Nothing should hafta be "Forced Into Place"...albiet the mounting ears will still have slight outward pressure and if your bolts are angled?....do whats required to straighten them out by either putting more bend in the pipe or enlarging the holes further.

L8R, and enjoy...Bill.
cool.gif

Man thats great. ADD ONE MORE THING TO YOUR BENNIFIT LIST. your pegs now stick out further than your exhaust which will help minimize can damage during a driveway fall over.

JD

Pretty slick! I can see it now, busas all over the world will be sporting the "Jinkster mod".

biggrin.gif

Finished!
Right side is very easy no problems.. Left side is on looks great might have to tweak it a little after I ride it. Clearance to on the left side is very tight between the swing arm and the can. This may cause them to hit if 2 up or large bumps. Shifting may be a little tight but should be an easy fix. Only one problem, I have to fight the can getting my LP Racing stand under it now. Now that their drilled and tucked all I have left is to sand and polish them up. Takes about an hour and looks a lot better. Thanks for the how to Jinkster.

Back