Prepping for PASHNIT tour in 4 days!

Have a great time and +1 on making sure to take plenty of pics! :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

This is awesome! Hope you guys have a fantastic trip. H3ll, even the ride to meet up sounds great!

BTW, Doyle, every time I see your nekkid Busa, I like it even more! :thumbsup:

Dang your hide Doyle, I'm envious! And especially envious of the cozy weather you get down there. It's 40 degrees here at the moment and looking for a high of 50 with rain forcast throughout the upcoming week. :(

I'll be looking forward to your trip report with photos! Have a great time! From all I've seen and heard everyone enjoys Tim's trips! If it weren't so far, I would be a participant as well! :beerchug:

This is awesome! Hope you guys have a fantastic trip. H3ll, even the ride to meet up sounds great!

BTW, Doyle, every time I see your nekkid Busa, I like it even more! :thumbsup:

That's funny you say that AJ about the superbyke, it has the same effect on me! For example, someone will post "I like everything but the radiator sticks out too much". I'll spend a day searching for a freeking $500 flat radiator then that evening go into the garage and stare at it......without considering the extra money, the existing radiator doesn't seem to stick out that bad, dang these custom bikes! Plus, I can always switch things out later if it bugs me! Doyle

Dang your hide Doyle, I'm envious! And especially envious of the cozy weather you get down there. It's 40 degrees here at the moment and looking for a high of 50 with rain forcast throughout the upcoming week. :(

I'll be looking forward to your trip report with photos! Have a great time! From all I've seen and heard everyone enjoys Tim's trips! If it weren't so far, I would be a participant as well! :beerchug:

Yeah except the weather is now calling for "chance of snow" in Reno! If their talking that way about Reno, that's not good news for riding FROM Reno into HIGH COUNTRY! I might have to throw the Busa into the truck just to get into California.....oh what we do for fun! Doyle

Doyle, one of the unusual things we are going to do on this ride is a Hayabusa Photo Shoot.

Likely one of the most famous pashnit photos is this one:

Img_1765_AboutThePassion.jpg

This pic is the lead photo for the entire Pashnit website, so new bike, makes sense we are going to need to re-shoot this photo. This was taken at the mid-point on Bitterwater Rd in San Luis Obispo Co. It's in the absolute middle of nowhere.

Lucked out this day with the clouds above, can only be done in early spring as it's all bone dry by late April. With the three weeks of rain we've had, there should be literally miles of wildflowers that cover these treeless rolling hills.

Believe it or not, I've been waiting several years to make it back here to this exact spot.

:thumbsup:

Img_1765_AboutThePassion.jpg

Doyle, one of the unusual things we are going to do on this ride is a Hayabusa Photo Shoot.

Likely one of the most famous pashnit photos is this one:

View attachment 215669

This pic is the lead photo for the entire Pashnit website, so new bike, makes sense we are going to need to re-shoot this photo. This was taken at the mid-point on Bitterwater Rd in San Luis Obispo Co. It's in the absolute middle of nowhere.

Lucked out this day with the clouds above, can only be done in early spring as it's all bone dry by late April. With the three weeks of rain we've had, there should be literally miles of wildflowers that cover these treeless rolling hills.

Believe it or not, I've been waiting several years to make it back here to this exact spot.

:thumbsup:

OK, now you're getting me emotionally involved!

Btw Doyle, one of my all time favorite hidden backroads is the Las Palitas - Huer Huero ride. This one is right outside Santa Margarita and parallels Hwy 58 on the Pozo Loop. Swoops, dips, pop-ups, twists, no center line, short blast of about 10 miles. Great fun!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

I rode Hwy 58 yesterday. Keep an eye out, lots of slides dirt/sand and water running across the roads in that area.

The Pozo Saloon

013.jpg
012.jpg
017.jpg
016.jpg

I'm sure you know Hwy 1 is closed above Hearst Castle.

013.jpg

012.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

Back