Pre-K Graduation!?

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
A co-worker of mine told me today that she got "misty-eyed" at her daughter's pre-K graduation.  
banghead.gif
So, does one have to ace naptime to graduate from pre-K?  Another one has a picture of his 5 year old kid in a CAP AND GOWN!

Our youngest is "graduating" from 8th grade tonight and we aren't even going out to dinner.  I'd like to just boycott it.

Can we please cut back to the graduations that actually mean something?  Like high school (just because that's the supposed beginning of adulthood) and college (because this is when you really enter the real world).  

rant.gif

I got shots of my niece just yesterday at her pre-K "graduation"
whistling.gif

Cracks me up
laugh.gif
Yet another reason I didn't even stick my kids in pre-school...I figured they'd get their fill of school soon enough, so I just let 'em be kids. They're both doing absolutely wonderful in school despite the glares I got for not sending them to pre-school
thumb_up.gif

While I'm all for making kids feel good, it has gone overboard...do NOT get me started on the "gift bags" for kids as they depart a birthday party!!
wtf.gif

more pageant parents on the loose.... everyone gets an award, even the ones that do not try.. would not want them to feel bad for being lazy or not having goals right?

soccer match anyone?
whistling.gif

While I'm all for making kids feel good, it has gone overboard...do NOT get me started on the "gift bags" for kids as they depart a birthday party!!  
wtf.gif
This is why we try to bribe our kids with camping trips instead of birthday parties.

A co-worker of mine told me today that she got "misty-eyed" at her daughter's pre-K graduation.
banghead.gif
So, does one have to ace naptime to graduate from pre-K? Another one has a picture of his 5 year old kid in a CAP AND GOWN!

Our youngest is "graduating" from 8th grade tonight and we aren't even going out to dinner. I'd like to just boycott it.

Can we please cut back to the graduations that actually mean something? Like high school (just because that's the supposed beginning of adulthood) and college (because this is when you really enter the real world).

rant.gif
Thank you!!! We are Nation that is busily celebrating mediocrity... It is mental.

Every little mouth breather gets an award, "everyone is a winner" blah blah blah...

Poor little bastids have no idea what is waiting for them in the real world. This isn't that new of a trend though, You can see it in some of our teens already. They have NO IDEA how to work, how to pick themselves up, or how to handle even the slightest bit of adversity. It's kind of comical or sad, not sure which.

Kids today NEVER get their butts kicked.
They don't know how crappy it feels to fail and they are EVERYONE of the them convinced they are Top of their Class, Special unique flowers.... It's pretty screwed up.

Normally, I would agree being the unsympathetic bastard that I am...

But, I now have two young daughters. I want to make sure they get a great education and savor the moments that will define who they will become. You don't have to glorify it...just show them you care, doesn't matter what age, what event. I'm not telling anyone how to parent and I understand everyone has the right to vent. But...if it was my daughter and someone voiced an opinion that downplayed any of her achievements, they would be spitting out broken teeth while staring at the ceiling.

If it were other kids, yeah I could see your point...lol
beerchug.gif

We had a Pre-K graduation for Anastasia's "class". It was cute. Short and sweet. No family party after...just an excuse for her to dress up (she used to like doing that).

I agree though....high school and college should be enough.

Back