Another Milestone!

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
This has been a summer of milestones for our youngest, David.

June 1st - high school graduation in the top 50%
Aug 4th-5th - completed and passed his MSF cource
Aug 7th - picked out his very own Honda Ruckus scooter
Aug 8th - enrolled in the local community college
Aug 27th - 1st day of college and the 1st time he went out by himself with no other adults - family, friends or teachers.

That last one was probably the hardest on me. I had more control of the others, but the 1st outing, by definition, has to be made by himself. And he did great! I see these acheivements of his differently than I do for his siblings. Not that theirs aren't as important, but I know that these things are just that much harder for Dave.

He really is the best Dave.

Congrats, you have done a great job!

Thanks, but honestly, all of the credit goes to him. He is genuinely good. I can't explain it any other way and that's not just Mom talking, we get corroboration from teachers, coaches and other adults all the time.

Yep, lots of milestones!! I know you and Dan are so proud! Great job Mom and Dad!! :bowdown:

That's really awesome! I know you and Dan are very proud of his accomplishments. Great job Dave! You rock!!!

FANTASTIC job David. Dan, Di you two also deserve credit. Being the loving, caring and nurturing parents you are has lead him to do the things he has done.
Yes he has accomplished these things himself, but he had your support and love and faith in him. MOST (not all) people just want the hand out they THINK they deserve. If I was still a kid (for real not just in my mind) I would be thrilled to have parents like the 2 of you. But since I am not I am happy to know I count you two as very dear friends.

So to conclude (LOL) Congratulations to David, Dan, Di and the rest of the family. with out the family behind him he may not have accomplished these milestones. Please shake David's hand for me and you and Dan give each other a big hug from me please. Until I can get there soon and do it myself.

Just an FYI- This brought tears to my eyes reading this. Tears of joy for your whole family. (Yes the big guy has a soft spot for more than just puppies But don't tell anyone. it is a secret)
:whistle:

Thanks, everyone. I'll pass the congrats on to Dave. I love having the .org family to share this sort of thing with.

Back