Pre-Delivery Inspection - 2008 Hayabusa

gsferrari

Registered
Friend of mine taking delivery of a 2008 Hayabusa in India. We have "assemblers" who put the bike together from the crate and it is in our interests to NOT trust these monkeys.

If anyone has access to the PDI checklist - please let me know.

If anyone has pictures from when they took delivery, the de-crating, assembly etc. - please let me know.

This will be extremely helpful...

Thanks!

I believe they are required by suzuki to give you a copy of the pre-delivery checklist that states EXACTLY what they checked on the bike when assembling. If they don't do this, they are liable for anything that happens once you leave the dealership....

I've got a copy of the form at home but not here at work. I can post info about it later if you still need it. To be honest, you can get the bike home and check it out yourself if you really aren't comfortable with the dealer. Just check the basics before you leave (tire psi, chain, oil, etc.). The only things (really) the dealer does is uncrate the bike, install mirrors, windshield, battery, seats, etc. It's really nothing major to cut down suzuki liability to dealers...

I think my PDI was "key in ignition? CHECK adios!

I had the salesman take my bike out for a 20 mile loop, I had to drive in 300 miles to pick it up and did not want any stupid issues trying to get it home.. (and no the rear tire had not been spun)
smile.gif
I think it took about 5 minutes from when I walked in the door... (paying cash has its benefits) till I rode down the street..

Taking them out of the shipping crate and installing the windscreen and battery is not all that difficult. I'm sure a monkey could do it. The thing I have noticed is some don't use a torque wrech when torquing down the handle bars which come folded in against the bike or ease of shipping. I've bought a number of bikes directly in the crate.

When you take delivery, just go over the bike to check for loose bolts etc. chain tension, brakes feel firm, etc. All the stuff you'd do before taking a long trip on your scooter.

The BUSA bars aren't folded in for shipping so that won't be an issue on his bike...
winkold.gif

For those that didn't get one, look in your paperwork.  It's a Blue/Yellow carbon copy with boxes and info on it.  It should have your key I.D. # filled in at the top if you loose your keys...  
cool.gif

I'm almost 100% sure the dealer is REQUIRED to do it. At least the dealers I worked at were..  
beerchug.gif

Friend of mine taking delivery of a 2008 Hayabusa in India. We have "assemblers" who put the bike together from the crate and it is in our interests to NOT trust these monkeys.

If anyone has access to the PDI checklist - please let me know.

If anyone has pictures from when they took delivery, the de-crating, assembly etc. - please let me know.

This will be extremely helpful...

Thanks!
"Assemblers", I like that. It's no different in the good 'ol U.S. of A, my friend.

I had WAY under-inflated tires, a battery that was not charged, and loose windshield hardware, and a scratched chrome cap on my left muffler.

P.D.I.? At flat rate, the "mechanics" just don't care. I remember when it took forever to P.D.I a Harley-Davidson Shovel-Head, and now all you get is your keys tossed at you on your way out the door.

I wouldn't trust the Monkeys to check my tire pressure! Even if they do go by the book I would still follow up behind them with a torque wrench and be damn certain all your fluids are up,chain is tensioned ,brakes are bled etc. Seems like most mechanics will use a marker to mark the bolts that they have torqued as they go too.

PM me your e-mail address(s) and I can send you the entire pre-delivery and service guide on pdf.. it's kinda big (6meg) so keep that in mind if you're still on dial-up

PM me your e-mail address(s) and I can send you the entire pre-delivery and service guide on pdf.. it's kinda big (6meg) so keep that in mind if you're still on dial-up

Hi,
My new Hayabusa will be delivered in by fourth week of dec 08.Could you please mail me a re-delivery and service guide on pdf.Thank you for your time and attention.
Arun

Back