PRAYERS FOR V-MAN

GrandpaBusa

Registered
Good evening all Org. Members,
It is not often you see a post by me, GrandpaBusa, but tonight I have a special request to make of each and every Org. member.

Within the past 2 days I learned that a very dear friend of mine and everyone else on the board has a need for every prayer we can send his way. V-man (Kevin), as we have all come to know and love him has found that he may have colin cancer. I learned of his being ill while
at the races at VIR this past weekend.

I spent 2 days tring to get information about his condition and spoke with his wife only a few hours ago. I'm sorry I have taken so long to post up but had to wait till got home from work. I did not ask her for details as to how or when he found out he was sick but apparently things happened very quickly for him. She asked that I update the board but in all honesty have not found any info posted by the man himself or anyone else.

Again my bad but he is in a Hospital in Ashville NC and I'll get the full info for cards and letters tomarrow, 8-21-07. His wife said he is in good spirits and underwent surgary today (Monday) and the news is not good. He apparently has a tumor on his colin but it has gone beyond the colin, biopsies have been done and results will not be known for a few days.

Just this past week I had my prostate biopsied for possible cancer and the Lord was with me and everything was benign, but I know that however good Kevins spirits are he will still be worried and scared and I am asking each and everyone of you to say a prayer for him and keep himin daily prayer until he gets an all clear. Kevin is a big man (young), and is loved by everyone he touches, it is time we give him our all and ask GOD to do the same.

Sorry for such a long nad rambling post but I am cought up in my concern for Kevin and his family.

I.ll update as soon as I get more info.

Let us know, as soon as possible!
Kevin keep your head up, and Prayers sent!

He's in my prayers. Keep us posted as more info becomes available. I'm sure there's plenty of us anxious to hear how things are going.

Cancer is a damn scary thing. My father goes in for surgery to have his prostate removed due to cancer this Thursday. Our hopes are merely that it hasn't spread.

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers
smile.gif

My heart is with him, rest assured.

--Wag--

I just copied this off the ETR forum about his condition.

Here's an update on Kevin, from his brother in law and his sister.

The cancer was bigger then expected and was outside the colon into the tissue, so micro surgery wasn't an option. Kevin's went through the full blown surgery

Doctors are confident that the cancer was removed completely but they are waiting on the pathology report to determine if future therapy is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE ON KEV
from his big sis

Thanks be to God for answers to prayer. Kevin is alright. His color is good. His vitals are great. His eyes are bright and he knows they have got it all. They ended up opening him up for the surgery due to the tumor being outside of the colon. The surgeon said that he removed all that he could see. We will get the pathology report by the end of the week and will know more concerning follow up treatment then. When you pray, thank God for answering our prayer for a successful surgery and continue to pray for Kevin’s recovery and his family members, especially Brenda. I know in my heart that God has a wonderful plan for Kevin. His testimony was already a gift. Can you imagine? He WILL now be a cancer survivor! What a true blessing his life is and will now continue to be...

He is in room 734 at the St. Joseph's Campus. I just spoke with Brenda's mother. He is resting and receiving pain meds every 2 hours.

THANK YOU ALL for your continued prayers and support.

Your BROTHERHOOD is such a blessing!!!

I know that many have already sent Kevin a PM, but he really FEELS the love when he hears from us...so if ya get a chance...drop him a note (PM)
wink.gif

That's great news, hopefully things will continue to be positive for the big guy.
bowdown.gif

We are praying for you Kevin!  Get well soon!  
beerchug.gif

Back