Prayers for my partner

Just got back from seeing him. Doctors are waiting for the results of one more test, so far all tests come up negative for MS. Now they are saying it is not a tumor it is a lesion on his left parietal lobe. And if this last test comes up negative for MS also then they will be doing a biopsy of the lesion tomorrow or Monday to confirm if it truly is cancer. The doctor pretty much told him straight up though that all signs are in fact pointing to brain cancer..... I went to see him with three other coworkers, he seemed alright when we got there, but couldn't hold his emotions as he was breaking the news to us. It broke my heart seeing a strong young individual like him break like that. He's worried he will never be able to return to the field of EMS which is his passion. He's worried he will lose his house being on disability for the amount of time he may or may not be on it. And most of all and most understanding he's worried he will leave this world to soon leaving his four year old son fatherless...:down: we all reassured him that our company is here for him and we as individuals are here for him. I know that meant a lot to him. I jokingly told him to get his :moon: back to work because who else am I suppose to drink coffee with and spend hours on end playing call of duty?!?! He laughed and said he will do his best. I'm truly at a loss right now, and this whole situation has really made me sit back and think about my life and how I live it because ya never know when it can be taken away.

I hate to even hear the word cancer...we all do :( Just do your best to keep his spirits up and take one day at a time...all of the worrying in the world won't change a single thing right now, and hopefully the docs can give him a better idea of what he's dealing with, if it's treatable and what options he has. People battle and beat cancer every single day, but I know it's so hard to see that side given this very sudden and unexpected news. It'll take some time to see beyond a diagnosis and figure out what's best for him. You're a good friend...just be there for him and keep doing what you're doing.

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Thanks everyone it really does mean a lot I'm going to see him in a few hours they are trying to rule out brain cancer at this time, he's not taking it very well and I don't know what to do or say to him. I'm just trying to keep spirits up the best I can :down:

Don't say much more than you really need to and try to distract him by talking about the beers you drank or the tail you chased or that really hot chic you found drunk and naked etc.. Hold your bro's hand and make sure he knows that you are there. Chances are very good that he will make a full recovery due to the miracle of modern medicine and the process for eradicating tumors from brain tissue. Shoot, brain surgery has been done for thousands of years and apparently with extensive success as evidenced by the signs of healing on skulls found in ancient crypts.

Difficult situation for sure! Hopefully the results come back with positive results! Sounds like you are a great friend and co-worker.....

Man brother don't stop believing your friend is going to be ok. I CALL ALL THE MAN OF GOD OUT THERE IN THE FORUM TO STAR PRAYING FOR THIS BROTHER AT NEED TODAY FOR THE LORD TO MOVE THROUGH HIS SITUATION AND SHOW HIM THE LIGHT OF HIS MERCY IN CHRIST JESUS. the devil is a liar lets not believe in the devil's report, MIRACLES HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THEM ,LET'S ALL COME IN TO A AGREEMENT IN CHRIST THAT THIS BROTHER IS GOING TO BE OK.

GOD BLESS U ALL.:please:

Still waiting for one last test to rule out MS 100 percent... He texted me earlier and said " I think it is cancer " I told him to try and stay positive and no matter what it is myself and his coworkers here at the ambulance service will be right next to him no matter what. His ex brought his son to visit him today which I think helped his spirits a lot. He is pretty scared which is understandable. He was pretty upset and scared about losing his house because of not bringing in as much income as he would if he were working. We are passing around a boot at work to try and raise some money to at least get him through this month. I'm going to visit him in the morning going to bring him a dunkin donuts coffee ( he lives for DD lol ) and probably some crosswords. He did say they scheduled a biopsy for Tuesday which has him pretty shaken, I just keep telling him he's not alone. I will keep everyone posted and thanks again everyone for your prayers and words of wisdoms it truly does man a lot

Collected almost a thousand dollars today from only one of the three crews we have at the ambulance service we work at. Two more crews to collect donatins from then we are giving it to josh to help him pay this months bills :cheerleader:

So awesome there are so many willing to help him. Sounds like he has a great support system...continued thoughts for him!!

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Back