Power commander v(5?)

ToXSicK RoCKeT

Registered
Sup fella'z, This may have already been discussed a time or two(i cant ever get the damn search function to work for me :banghead: )but, has anyone installed/using or have any feedback on the NEW power commander 5(good or bad)? Is it like the Bazazz, where you can control "both" sets of injectors? I tried looking on there web site, but theres not alot of info on it ??? Thanks :beerchug:

From what I've read, you can't control both sets of inj. and from what I understand, the only benifit is the auto tuning. I also stand to be corrected. B.:beerchug:

From what I've read, you can't control both sets of inj. and from what I understand, the only benifit is the auto tuning. I also stand to be corrected. B.:beerchug:

Thank you, MAN what the hell is dyno-jet thinking releasing a new PC that wont do the same things as bazazz(control both sets of injectors)? :banghead:

Go to PC web site, they explain it, has to do with being able to run a 250% duty cycle instead of a 100%. there's other features also.

Thank you, MAN what the hell is dyno-jet thinking releasing a new PC that wont do the same things as bazazz(control both sets of injectors)? :banghead:

The only way it will work is if you buy TWO PC's and daisy chain them. Even then the cost alone makes Bazzaz the better setup.

I'll let you know how the Bazzaz goes since I'm getting a custom tune today... ;)

The only way it will work is if you buy TWO PC's and daisy chain them. Even then the cost alone makes Bazzaz the better setup.

I'll let you know how the Bazzaz goes since I'm getting a custom tune today... ;)

Thanks Guys, Ya i think your right about bazzaz, i was hoping dyno-jet would get there $het together and make this one on par with bazzaz :banghead: Well it looks like i need to find a buyer for my PC3 usb(BRAND NEW TOO) :dunno: PLEASE keep us up to speed on your dyno tune today and good luck :beerchug:

How much?????? PM me!!!

Thanks Guys, Ya i think your right about bazzaz, i was hoping dyno-jet would get there $het together and make this one on par with bazzaz :banghead: Well it looks like i need to find a buyer for my PC3 usb(BRAND NEW TOO) :dunno: PLEASE keep us up to speed on your dyno tune today and good luck :beerchug:

Go to PC web site, they explain it, has to do with being able to run a 250% duty cycle instead of a 100%. there's other features also.

Hey there Wizard, how you been bro? I did see what you talking about, but still not quite sure one what they mean? Are they saying that it will run the Primary injectors @ 250% duty cycle ???
Seems like that would be pretty hard on the injector.....if even possible(isnt a 100% duty cycle mean injector is @ MAX flow......always on)? :beerchug:

I've done the reaearch and as much as i can tell, the PCV isn't much better than the PCIII USB. It is a lot smaller and does have the really cool auto tune (you must buy the auto tune module separately) capability. I think it allows you to switch between two maps on the fly.

The PCV should work a little bit better for the 4 injectors it is capable of controlling but it won't do all 8.

For a busa, I think I'd go with the Bazazz since that seems to be the overwhelming recomendation, especially for the ultra-fine tuning that will give you an edge in racing. I don't know that you are going to notice much difference between the Bazazz and the PC for street use.

If you go with two PCs to control all 8 injectors, I think your going to spend as much as the Bazazz.

Mythos

I've done the reaearch and as much as i can tell, the PCV isn't much better than the PCIII USB. It is a lot smaller and does have the really cool auto tune (you must buy the auto tune module separately) capability. I think it allows you to switch between two maps on the fly.

The PCV should work a little bit better for the 4 injectors it is capable of controlling but it won't do all 8.

For a busa, I think I'd go with the Bazazz since that seems to be the overwhelming recomendation, especially for the ultra-fine tuning that will give you an edge in racing. I don't know that you are going to notice much difference between the Bazazz and the PC for street use.

If you go with two PCs to control all 8 injectors, I think your going to spend as much as the Bazazz.

Mythos

Gottcha...... Thanks for the info :beerchug:

^^Here's a little more.

Here is what the important differences between the PCIII & PCV as far as I am able to acertain:

1. MORE COMPACT
Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)

2. SENSITIVE TO MORE SOURCES OF INPUT FROM ENGINE
Gear/Speed input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)

Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)

With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).

3. GREATER RANGE OF ADJUSTMENT
Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes. It will do a better job tuning 4 injectors but it still is not capable of tuning all 8. PCIII has a +/-100% range.

10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)

Enhanced “accel pumpâ€￾ utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)

4. AUTOTUNE EXPANDABLE
Auto Tune for PCV (all models):
“Auto Tuneâ€￾ kit will be available that includes Wide Band O2 sensor(s) and control box(es). It will plug directly into the PCV and allow automatic fuel adjustments.

VERY NICE MYTHOS :beerchug: Thank you for posting that Sir. But like you said, for what i need(N2O and Drag Racing)the bazzaz seems to fit the bill better :thumbsup: A member PM'd me earlier and wants to buy mine, so all is good now......just going to have to re-teach myself on bazzaz software :banghead: Thanks again for all the great input guys!

I know there isn't much advantage using PCV over PCIII but for 279, I had to go with it. I've got my pipe installed and will be dropping the PCV in place tomorrow. Good info in this thread though. Thanks.

I know there isn't much advantage using PCV over PCIII but for 279, I had to go with it. I've got my pipe installed and will be dropping the PCV in place tomorrow. Good info in this thread though. Thanks.

Cool! Let us know how you like it, what pipe did you install? :beerchug:

Hey Tox it's all good down here, just waiting on the weather to warm up. It's going to be in the 80's by Tuesday, just in time for the St. Pats Day parade. Definitely thinking about spraying my bike just don't know what route I want to go.

Hey Tox it's all good down here, just waiting on the weather to warm up. It's going to be in the 80's by Tuesday, just in time for the St. Pats Day parade. Definitely thinking about spraying my bike just don't know what route I want to go.

Good to hear bro :beerchug: I feel ya on the n2o thing :thumbsup:

What about on the 08 Busa as far as using the pc since it says 09 only if it would work i think i would buy it over the bazzaz just becuase of the price and since i would only be using it for street use. I looked up at the dealer the ecu number for the 08 and the 09 and they are the same part. So whats the difference here and why wont it work? thanks.

If you guys are thinking Bazzaz is expensive, SHOP AROUND!!! Most people are offering them for around $300 shipped to your door. You are only talking a few bucks more than the PC to control 8-injectors... ;)

It's when you get the quickshifter, traction control, AFM mapper, etc...that the price goes up... :thumbsup:

I have a PCIII for the 08/09 for sale also. I got the PCV and the Autotune for my 08. Haven't ridden it yet (still getting snow, and the back isn't quite healed), but it does run really good so far. I couldn't justify the extra cost to run the 4 secondary injectors since the Busa is mainly a street bike.

Back